Can you identify this property?

vregan

I don't know if this is on the "up and up" and fear my daughter may be scammed via a rather cryptic craigslist posting for an apartment in Grand Rapids that provides no location details but includes this photo. Can anyone tell from the photo, where this is located? (I know it's a longshot, but felt this group knows the city the best!)

9765876587.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't be, the windows don't match. Plus, it looks like the JW can be seen in the view, and Verne Barry is too far south to be able to see the JW straight out from the inside. I'll poke around and see what I can determine about that view.

Edit: I'm afraid I can't pinpoint the location. I've found a few spots where the view COULD be, but there's always something that doesn't quite fit, and I know of no residential units with balconies like that facing these views. It's possible the view itself isn't of Grand Rapids and was just added in for flair, so it'd be an issue of matching those windows.

Kept doing more searching.. I don't think it's right downtown. I can't find anything with those windows, but I could be skipping over it. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

I'm stumped. The building to the left definitely looks like the JW, but I can't think of any residential units that would have that angle. Plaza Towers units with balconies are on the upper floors, so there wouldn't be any other buildings in the view than the JW, most likely. If that building isn't the JW, then maybe it's one of the projects on Monroe Center?

I'd be very wary about this ad. Especially since nobody can seem to find out where it is. A few months back while looking on Craigslist for apartments, I found many listings that were absolutely scams. Most fit the profile of a) no address listed and b) pictures of the "rental" that were clearly not in the area (one in fact had a realtor sign in the window with a far off area code). Also, they seem to have very generic language in them and always seem too good to be true (like "downtown 2-bedroom condo for $600/mo"). If you google "Craigslist Apartment Scams" you'll find plenty of examples of how these work. I'm not saying that this listing is for sure a scam, but I would tread very cautiously.

Yea that definitely does not look like Grand Rapids and the building to the left can't be the JW. Its obviously not looking east or looking south since you can't see the river. If you were looking west the view of the JW to your left would be mostly blocked by the building on the corner of Monroe and Pearl. The only slightly possible location would be in the Courtyard Marriott facing north. However, the buildings closest in view do not look like the parking ramp on Campau/Monroe or the building that z's bar is in but most notably the Amway Grand Plaza would be towards the center of the view and you can't see anything.

ITS A FAKE! I inquired to an add like this on craigs that had a lot of options and a low price that didn't match even though it was claiming to be income based.

I don't know if this is on the "up and up" and fear my daughter may be scammed via a rather cryptic craigslist posting for an apartment in Grand Rapids that provides no location details but includes this photo. Can anyone tell from the photo, where this is located? (I know it's a longshot, but felt this group knows the city the best!)

9765876587.jpg

Archived