Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gman430

Potential stimulus projects

6 posts in this topic

The City of Greenville is set to receive anywhere from $3 million to $20 million from the economic stimulus plan according to WYFF. Projects that could be funded from this includes the widening of Salters Road near the CU-ICAR campus, new sidewalks, road resurfacing, more police officers, new fire station near Verdae, and eight new buses for Greenlink to replace old ones. Here is the news link: http://www.wyff4.com/money/18906799/detail.html You will find this quote from the article to be nothing short of good news:

Bourey said that even without the federal largesse, Greenville is doing better financially than "95 percent of other local governments" in the country.

Thoughts?

I would like to see some of the money used on public transit, but rather than replacing buses I would prefer to see new buses purchased and used on NEW ROUTES. The problem with the bus service isn't the condition of the buses, but rather the lack of routes. The currently served areas need more frequent service, and plenty of other areas need service. What about starting the route from GSP Int'l to downtown with this stimulus money?

I would like to see some of the money used on public transit, but rather than replacing buses I would prefer to see new buses purchased and used on NEW ROUTES. The problem with the bus service isn't the condition of the buses, but rather the lack of routes. The currently served areas need more frequent service, and plenty of other areas need service. What about starting the route from GSP Int'l to downtown with this stimulus money?

Agreed. And I thought they were pretty much all new buses anyway, weren't they all replaced a couple of years ago?

Church Street renovations and improvements to Fairforest Way in Greenville have been given stimulus funding approval. I'm really excited to see Church Street getting funding!

Church Street renovations and improvements to Fairforest Way in Greenville have been given stimulus funding approval. I'm really excited to see Church Street getting funding!