Alternatives to DTE

Gorath

I am constantly getting harassing phone calls from DTE on my cell phone. Once or twice a day. It's for their appliance protection program which I have told them I do not want and to stop calling me. They don't stop calling and now I just ignore the phone call whenever I see their number on the screen. Verizon says they can't block the number, all they can do is change mine, which is not something I want to do. But there is something I would like to do, which is to change my gas company to someone other than DTE. Any suggestions? or is it even possible?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only option you would have would be to change your gas supplier - DTE would still be providing the pipe, metering, etc. While you might be satisfied to know that they're getting less of your money, they'll still be billing you. Also, some of the independent suppliers have had their own antics, including misleading customers into believing that they would be saving lots of money when it could actually go either way (fixed vs. variable pricing); in the case I heard about, the people that stayed with DTE as their supplier actually were better off.

The only option you would have would be to change your gas supplier - DTE would still be providing the pipe, metering, etc. While you might be satisfied to know that they're getting less of your money, they'll still be billing you. Also, some of the independent suppliers have had their own antics, including misleading customers into believing that they would be saving lots of money when it could actually go either way (fixed vs. variable pricing); in the case I heard about, the people that stayed with DTE as their supplier actually were better off.

Archived