More buildings to be torn down in the LaGrave/Sheldon/Cherry St area

GRDadof3

Well it's is at least nice to know that these guys aren't wasting time on this thing, unlike some other nearby institutions *St Mary's* that remove buildings and leave them as weed-strewn lots.

I just hope thy keep up appearances when they are done, and not become yet another Heartside loiter station.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I'm curious about is what's happening to the buildings that are being vacated as these services move to this building. Cherry Street Health and Proactive have buildings (some of them very old and beautiful) on Cherry Street, Eastern and other places. Are they all just going on the market or are these services staying where they are and opening up second offices in this building?

• 9 months later...

I rode by the new building this morning. It's shaping up, and while it's no masterpiece, I did think it was looking better than the renderings I remembered seeing. Lots of windows and some mildly interesting textured pre-cast concrete blocks. I'll shoot a photo soon if I get a chance.

• 5 months later...

I happen to see this building coming down while I drove buy the parking-plaza lot at the cathedral. It's from that group that is right in front of the hospital.

Maybe it's a forgone conclusion what this is going to tun into, but I thought maybe there is some info of a maybe really nice building going up in this spot soon.....I hope. :ermm:

post-3465-0-35219100-1314967800_thumb.jp

I happen to see this building coming down while I drove buy the parking-plaza lot at the cathedral. It's from that group that is right in front of the hospital.

Maybe it's a forgone conclusion what this is going to tun into, but I thought maybe there is some info of a maybe really nice building going up in this spot soon.....I hope. :ermm:

That's Eerdmans facility, that has been proposed to be demolished for some time (or has been torn down in phases over the years for Saint Mary's new parking lot).

Archived