The Charlotte Observer

monsoon

• 1 year later...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought many of you on here might want to know (or maybe you already know) that Mary Newsom is leaving the Observer this Friday. She has a nice article here where she also lets you know where you can follow her on her blog.

On an unrelated note, it took me quite a while to find this thread. I can't believe it's been over a year since the last comment!

• 2 years later...

and while we are chatting about the Observer, the geniuses over at the MeckDeck  report that the almost year old subscription model is a major bust for McClatchy corp (major bust = 31,000 online only subs for the whole company, not just the Observer).

Take all that with a grain of salt, they are certainly not an unbiased source about _anything_.

^I'm not surprised.  The Observer (and most newspapers) are not NYT or Wash Post.  What I mean by that is there is little written in the Observer that I can't find first or elsewhere in other CLT news outlets.  I rarely get my "news" from them.

I think the whole online subscription model is a failure in general in most media.

Why purchase a subscription when you can just go Incognito in Chrome and view it for free as much as you want?

Or just press the X/Stop button the millisecond before it finishes loading.

Or just press the X/Stop button the millisecond before it finishes loading.

I didn't know that one!

In truth though I haven't done any of the things mentioned above and I've yet to hit the 15 article/month limit.  What does that tell you about my use of the Observer?

Archived