County to fund projects already under design

CharlotteDave

Given all the recent news about budget cuts and projects being delayed, I thought it might be worth noting some comments by County Finance Director, Dena Diorio, that appear in a new article in the latest addition of the Mt. Island Weekly newspaper. She indicates that all 53 county-funded projects currently under design, in addition to the 76 projects already under construction, will move forward. They simply won't do any new projects for the next 18 months. Some of that is old news, but it's the part about moving forward on projects that have already been designed that I'm not sure most people, including myself, were aware of. At least, that would seem to be a little bit of good news in the midst of all the other disappointing news. Under the circumstances it seems like a pretty sound approach.

There are probably others here more knowledgeable than me about which projects are already under design.

The publication can be accessed at the link below, but only in the form of a pdf file.

Mt. Island Weekly

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived