Carroll A. Campbell Jr. U.S. Courthouse

gman430

1 hour ago, SVL said:

This is the rendering at the jobsite:

enhance

Thanks for posting. I guess all I can say is it's not a thing of beauty, but way better than the brick rendering we had before. Definitely not as nice as some of the other ones going up; Nashville or even Mobile, but could be worse. Pretty boxy with lots of corners, but at least it has some traditional and classical elements. 

19 minutes ago, gman430 said:

But it’s only six stories tall. :rolleyes:;) 

I know it says 10 stories but it sure looks more like 6 to me. Look at the front entrance. That looks to be 2 stories, no way you could add 4 more of these to the height shown. I know I'm wrong but that's the way it looks to me. :) BTW I really like the building, it looks huge even though it is only six floors. :rofl:

Edited by apaladin

2 hours ago, gman said:

I’m beginning to think crane’s deserve a stand alone thread! 

Not much else to talk about. Everything else is dead, on hold, or just flat out boring. That is unless you have a 30 story high rise you know about and you’re keeping secret. :D 

Edited by gman430

24 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Not much else to talk about. Everything else is dead, on hold, or just flat out boring. 

:rofl:

Only some of the most dynamic projects in the state of South Carolina are taking place in Greenville right now. Granted, a few of them are requiring cranes. :good:

Edited by GvilleSC
  • Like 1

From my first post on December 27, 2004, in the New Greenville developments thread:

"Also, does anyone have any further details on the $50+ million Federal courthouse planned for downtown? The Last I heard was that it was possibly going to be pushed back several years; however no definite timeline was given."

That was the first mention of the project on this forum and I never imagined it would take this long to start of construction.

Edited by Skyliner
added a comma
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

It just dawned on me what this is missing. A decorative cornice would really dress this thing up, take away some of the boxiness, and add a traditional element to really make this thing pop. Wish that could have been incorporated.

I believe either setbacks or protrusions near the corners would help a bit, and definitely a few variations in height around the perimeter would improve the "blandness" of the design.