Carroll A. Campbell Jr. U.S. Courthouse

gman430

Driving South on Church St will look amazing with cranes from Camperdown, Bohemian, the Courthouse, etc. Hell, I find myself driving from near North Pointe (which eventually will have a Harris Teeter) alllll the way to August St HT just to drive over Church St. Haha

1 hour ago, apaladin said:

I could see using the hydraulic lift for a much taller crane but why use it for a short crane when it could easily be put together at one time?

I was wondering the same thing. Your guess is as good as mine on that one. Maybe it’s cheaper. :dontknow: 

Edited by gman430

1 hour ago, apaladin said:

Saw the crane today, has to be the shortest crane ever, LOL. I think it is even shorter than the hotel one at Camperdown. 

Lol. Luckily, it’s not at it’s final height yet. There’s still several blue vertical sections of steel they have to add which will happen tomorrow. That’s why the crane has a hydraulic lift. 

Edited by gman430

21 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I told you already it’s not at it’s final height yet. There’s still several blue vertical sections of steel they have to add which will happen tomorrow. That’s why the crane has a hydraulic lift. 

Ok good, so it will be at it's maximum height and not added to later on. That makes sense. 

10 minutes ago, apaladin said:

Ok good, so it will be at it's maximum height and not added to later on. That makes sense. 

Correct. The additional blue steel sections (at least four of them) are already on site. They will be installed on the crane tomorrow. :) 

Edited by gman430

It would be cool to see part of downtown Greenville from other vantage points like the heavily traveled 85 corridor. But it will probably be a minute before we build something taller than the Daniel Building, which I can actually see when I get around the Easley exits heading up 85 north from Anderson. It seems that downtown Greenville sits low compared to the surrounding topography. The best bet will probably continue to be the presence made from ICAR on 85. There was actually plans originally to build a 20 story or 2 out there in the beginning. Not sure if that's still in the plans or not.

21 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Really cool being able to see all three coming down Main Street in front of Falls Park: 

41C4FA73-5D4B-45BC-8905-272E3EE473E9.jpeg

That's pretty cool! It's a near perfect alignment!

I imagine The McClaren would have one. Hopefully we'll see that project kick off before too long.