Carroll A. Campbell Jr. U.S. Courthouse

gman430

Very pleased this is named for Carroll Campbell...a great Gov who made good things happen for the upstate. He had an unprecedented 72 percent job approval when he left office...he left us too soon in 2005 at age 65.

Edited by cabelagent

7 hours ago, Exile said:

Based on the size of those vertical pieces that are in process, as compared to the workmen around them and the crane, is it too optimistic to say that it will approach Two Liberty in height? That's assuming 10 floors.

Black line is where the building will top out at: 

4-D73-FB15-24-AC-46-BA-9-C0-A-ED8645-B14

421583-C7-EA24-422-C-857-C-675-F90-CB843

50918-C01-EFBF-4407-A672-C73-E97-ABB6-F8

E0010-B59-88-AC-40-D5-B2-F0-79-B8-BA912-

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, gman430 said:

Black line is where the building will top out at:

Based on the height of the guy standing about 2/3 of the way up in the first pic, then those sections are 20 ft., right? So at least 7.5 sections would give a height of about 150ft. Can't tell if there's an eighth hidden behind that fence.  So it'll likely top out about the same height as Camperdown Apts.

2 hours ago, Exile said:

Based on the height of the guy standing about 2/3 of the way up in the first pic, then those sections are 20 ft., right? So at least 7.5 sections would give a height of about 150ft. Can't tell if there's an eighth hidden behind that fence.  So it'll likely top out about the same height as Camperdown Apts.

Correct. Both buildings will be 150 feet tall but this one will look taller due to it being at a higher elevation. 

• 2 weeks later...

You're welcome. Shot this from the freeway. I wish I could have got a shot of the front of the side on the right. The entrance looks just like the new courthouse entrance. I also found a building that looks like the new county office building that I posted in that thread. :)

13 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Thanks for sharing, I like this one better than ours.

Oh my....our structure appears to be much classier.  The roof line on top resembles an airplane hangar...is that a windowless wing on the right?   Its not perfect but I'm pleased with design of our structure...

Edited by cabelagent

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...