gman430

Carroll A. Campbell Jr. U.S. Courthouse

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

World’s slowest construction project. Been stuck on the same floor for two months now. So much for topping out in December. :ermm:

Must be picking up bad vibes from gateway site across the street...hope a green fence does not appear :tw_glasses:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

World’s slowest construction project. Been stuck on the same floor for two months now. So much for topping out in December. :ermm:

Oh no, it another Peacock!:D

Have patience my man.

18 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Oh no, it another Peacock!:D

Have patience my man.

You’re wrong. :angry: It’s clearly the Pinnacle on Main. :D 

This structure is really starting to look massive when driving by it on East North Street. 

2 minutes ago, gman430 said:

31D051EC-9B93-457A-BB77-5EC0C0ED94C3.jpeg

I'm counting 5 floors, some of them are pretty big too. This thing is going to be 10 right? Could have more height than I previously thought.

5 minutes ago, motonenterprises said:

I'm counting 5 floors, some of them are pretty big too. This thing is going to be 10 right? Could have more height than I previously thought.

One more major floor then the middle part after that. Has the height of a 10 story building due to the large floor plates. 

On 1/6/2020 at 11:16 AM, gman430 said:

Current status

The Carroll A. Campbell U.S. Courthouse is currently under construction. The construction contractor continues with the structure with floors 5 and 6. The slab on grade and shallow foundations for the main entrance was completed in November 2019, followed by the structural steel which was installed in December 2019. Concrete masonry work is currently underway at the basement and first floors.

Next milestone

Precast panels for the building’s exterior will begin arriving on site by March 2020. Additionally, a topping-out ceremony is anticipated in spring 2020.

https://www.gsa.gov/about-us/regions/welcome-to-the-southeast-sunbelt-region-4/buildings-and-facilities/south-carolina/carroll-a-campbell-jr-us-courthouse

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

I dont see an elevator shaft, isnt there one more? This would definitely look better at twice the height!

They’re there. Just hard to see with my pics. One more floor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, apaladin said:

Only 6 floors?

That’s what it appears going off the rendering. I could be wrong though. 

On 2/2/2020 at 8:08 PM, apaladin said:

Only 6 floors?

LOL....it's not a tower, high rise, or skyscraper...it's a federal courthouse.  Appears it will make a sizable impression & presence downtown without being a real tall structure.  :good:

To clarify a little on the crane height: I believe there are precast panels for the exterior façade. These will be large, and will demand the additional height to clear the structure when they're maneuvered into place and installed. 

Edited by GvilleSC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, apaladin said:

Starting to become part of the skyline.  The building is now visible from university ridge. 

Too bad there's only one floor left.  :ermm:

1 minute ago, motonenterprises said:

But it's probably a pretty large floor.

And you’ve got that middle section too which probably counts as another floor. 

Just now, gman430 said:

And you’ve got that middle section too which probably counts as another floor. 

I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like. Thanks for all of your pictures.