Carroll A. Campbell Jr. U.S. Courthouse

gman430

• 3 months later...
On 1/15/2018 at 6:05 PM, cabelagent said:

Thought there'd be some news or  developments reported  on this by now....hope crickets don't  begin to make it noisey.

Everything you need including the latest news is right here: https://www.gsa.gov/about-us/regions/welcome-to-the-southeast-sunbelt-region-4/buildings-and-facilities/south-carolina/new-greenville-us-courthouse Construction starts in June 2018. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vicupstate said:

You would thin it would go before DRB pretty soon if they expect to start by June. I would  be surprised if it actually started then myself. 

They should be able to get a grading/site permit from the City without DRB review. So they could conceivably start moving dirt and digging out. It will be great to see that parking lot gone! 

7 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Looked  to me like it said " summer 2018" so that could be as late as September. Hope the final rendering is something completely  different,  and better !

It’s early June. I’ve got the entire construction timeline document from the GSA. And agreed about the rendering. 

Edited by gman430

17 hours ago, apaladin said:

Doesn't almost 3 years seem like a long time to build a building?

The vast majority of the building will be complete within two years. GSA will start moving in within two and a half years after construction starts. The date I gave is a complete close out where B&G turns it over to the GSA. 

On 1/19/2018 at 9:25 AM, gman430 said:

It’s early June. I’ve got the entire construction timeline document from the GSA. And agreed about the rendering. 

Curious....are you talking about (current) rendering from design/architect or after DRB review?  Do you think architect(s) would now make dramatic design change(s) after spending months on this design?  Is there concern DRB will think this is the best building design since sliced bread and offer only a few 'cosmetic' changes....not major ones that are needed? If they are major...construction may drag out longer than anticipated...thoughts? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 11:24 AM, cabelagent said:

Curious....are you talking about (current) rendering from design/architect or after DRB review?  Do you think architect(s) would now make dramatic design change(s) after spending months on this design?  Is there concern DRB will think this is the best building design since sliced bread and offer only a few 'cosmetic' changes....not major ones that are needed? If they are major...construction may drag out longer than anticipated...thoughts? 

Current one posted earlier on this thread page. I don’t have a clue what the architects have planned or what if any changes we might see unfortunately. 

Edited by gman430

On 1/31/2018 at 5:54 PM, gman430 said:

Current one posted earlier on this thread page. I don’t have a clue what the architects have planned or what if any changes we might see unfortunately. 

Thx gman....hope I'm wrong...appears what we see is what we'll get...only few dramatic additions/changes by DRB. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...