The Rapid's website beta test

therapid

We are excited to introduce to you a series of new tools intended to provide better information about routes, nearest stops, and real-time bus status. The information you are about to view is presented in a beta test environment. While the information is meant to be as accurate as we can provide, there may potentially be outdated content - and possibly some functional issues. We're asking for your assistance in identifying these issues - as well as what may be outstanding before we release it on our main website. As a part of this development process, we share in our riders' overwhelming interest in Google Transit/trip planning integration. We want you to know we are working in that direction but cannot provide a launch schedule for that function at this time.

New Items we are testing in this beta round are:

1. Routes mapped with Google Maps

2. Find your Nearest Stop

3. Real Time Bus Information

4. Homepage Updates

Please go here http://beta.ridetherapid.org/account to fill out a signup form and receive your login to the beta.

Once logged in you can see more information on the tools here http://beta.ridetherapid.org/new-tools

NOTE: The information given here is for beta testing purposes only. As this is not an active public site for The Rapid, do not rely on this data for actual route or scheduling purposes as information may be outdated or inaccurate. Please use our feedback forum to inform us of where inaccuracies are and problems you might have. http://therapid.uservoice.com

Thank you for your help as we continue to improve the rider experience.

We also welcome responses/feedback on this forum.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played around with the Beta a bit already and all I can say is the mapping features are amazing! The 'real-time' updates are great. My big question is is there any timeline to go live with this and when will I be able to use Google Maps to get directions using transit? I can't wait until I can punch in 2 addresses and it will spit out when and where I should show up for the bus with all my transfers figured out for me. Please please please???

Played around with the Beta a bit already and all I can say is the mapping features are amazing! The 'real-time' updates are great. My big question is is there any timeline to go live with this and when will I be able to use Google Maps to get directions using transit? I can't wait until I can punch in 2 addresses and it will spit out when and where I should show up for the bus with all my transfers figured out for me. Please please please???

A mobile version would be great! The 'Map' application for iPhones uses Google Maps, but doesn't include the transit information. If I use the Web Browser to go the 'normal' route to the maps, it takes FOR-EV-ER for the map to load over the cell network. I'm hoping Apple updates the iPhone 'Map' app to include maps.

The schedules are impossible to read on mobile phones without horizontal scrolling. I would certainly love to see a mobile version. In fact, the real-time tracking is likely something I would use on a mobile phone more often than any other medium.

Otherwise, the improvements done so far seem excellent.

Archived