PROPOSED: CityPlace

yekaterinab

mason.jpg

after2.gif

after.gif

2659191554_64ac1dd3a7_o.jpg

2658365291_eef0b01540_o.jpg

2658364827_fd6de781f4_o.jpg

"Looks like the rumored retail revitalization project for Market Street (at 5th/ 6th) is about to become a reality: CityPlace will bring a ginormous 250,000 square feet of retail space to the open air drug market Mid-Market neighborhood, appealing to San Francisco's "diverse demographic" of shoppers. The Planning Commission has already certified the developer's Environmental Impact Report, and if the city happens to grant the building permits one of these fine days, construction will begin in 2008 and end in mid-2010."

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mason.jpg

"Looks like the rumored retail revitalization project for Market Street (at 5th/ 6th) is about to become a reality: CityPlace will bring a ginormous 250,000 square feet of retail space to the open air drug market Mid-Market neighborhood, appealing to San Francisco's "diverse demographic" of shoppers. The Planning Commission has already certified the developer's Environmental Impact Report, and if the city happens to grant the building permits one of these fine days, construction will begin in 2008 and end in mid-2010."

I gotta say looking at it from "space" on virtual earth it looks like a prime spot.

The buildings there are either industrial looking or just u g l y. and they are quite low density. increasing the density and piggybacking off of the success of the Westfield shopping center almost right next door seems a no brainer.

I am pretty sure this could even get funding. there are so many hotel rooms so close by and the fact that they are looking for more value added retail (Marshals, NOT Lord and taylor) means it will do quite well In my oninion

I gotta say looking at it from "space" on virtual earth it looks like a prime spot.

The buildings there are either industrial looking or just u g l y. and they are quite low density. increasing the density and piggybacking off of the success of the Westfield shopping center almost right next door seems a no brainer.

I am pretty sure this could even get funding. there are so many hotel rooms so close by and the fact that they are looking for more value added retail (Marshals, NOT Lord and taylor) means it will do quite well In my oninion

I am baffled as to how treasure island can become a section 8 haven, I mean its a frekin island, it has so much potential!!!

but since the peninsula is filled with such nice housing stock and hiostoric buildings I guess thats how it works.

I also by the way see the further ghetofication of parts of the East bay. The southern part of my dads old town Concord has gained a reputation for being a little sketchy.

and there is always Oakland

I am baffled as to how treasure island can become a section 8 haven, I mean its a frekin island, it has so much potential!!!

but since the peninsula is filled with such nice housing stock and hiostoric buildings I guess thats how it works.

I also by the way see the further ghetofication of parts of the East bay. The southern part of my dads old town Concord has gained a reputation for being a little sketchy.

and there is always Oakland

:offtopic:

haha

nope thats not the town. :P

its not even actually really a place to stop but it is amazing that it exists so close to the city.

in the hills between Oakland and Moraga. I think its called Canyon, or near canyon. there is a tiny school and a post office only I think. but its in the middle of a redwood forest. no organized development anywhere near it.

I mapped your town and that place looks quite interesting as well. totally out of charahcter for the area.. and a brothel too! nice

haha

is it filled with vampires at night?

:offtopic:

haha

nope thats not the town. :P

its not even actually really a place to stop but it is amazing that it exists so close to the city.

in the hills between Oakland and Moraga. I think its called Canyon, or near canyon. there is a tiny school and a post office only I think. but its in the middle of a redwood forest. no organized development anywhere near it.

I mapped your town and that place looks quite interesting as well. totally out of charahcter for the area.. and a brothel too! nice

haha

is it filled with vampires at night?

Archived