Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wingbert

Amway Grand Plaza to be Torn Down?

15 posts in this topic

Ground Beneath Amway Grand Plaza Deemed Unstable: Hotel to be Closed, Possibly Razed

by Julian Calendar {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} The Grand Rapids Press Wednesday April 1, 2009, 8:01 AM

GRAND RAPIDS -- Engineers performing routine ground water testing in downtown Grand Rapids have discovered a troubling and potentially calamitous flaw beneath one of the city's most iconic structures. Tests shows that water from the Grand River has for years been seeping into minute cracks along the banks nearest the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. The water has dissolved naturally occurring deposits of gypsum in the strata creating large cavities and weakening what was thought to be stable bedrock upon which the hotel's foundations are anchored.

[full story]

:shok:

Ground Beneath Amway Grand Plaza Deemed Unstable: Hotel to be Closed, Possibly Razed

Oh dear.

I heard they'll be re-opening as Johnny's Lunch.

(wearing slip-on shoes today)

This ain't my first rodeo...knew upon reading topic header this was in honor of the day! :silly: Good one!

*fish

lol... you got me!!! my heart sank into my gut instantly

Got a couple people around the office... I had to tell them to click the link

Dammit, I fell for it. I didn't even pick up on the byline name of "Julian Calendar". :blush:

Good one wingbert.

I fell for it, even after reading a national news headline saying to not believe everything you read today. Also, not surprised that wingbert would post such a topic. ;)

HAHAHA!

My heart leapt into my throat... :blush: . Great joke!

Thank you Wingbert, I had fun telling people at work what I had read at lunch time.

~John