Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cityrain

The Bangkok subway just opened!

I am very confused as to why it is "Bangkok subway just opened" as 2 lines already seem to exist; the orange and dark blue.

After clicking on the link that you posted cityrain, then clicking on "Current Subway routes & map" it shows...

2003.jpg

Above: The plan for future subway lines as of January 2003.

Then further down but fair enough as it does state "Planned routes as of January 2004"

2004.jpg

Yet @ the top-right hand corner, there is a link "Bangkok's subway opens on July 3 at 6PM". Then by clicking on this link it shows pics of crowds, stations and other relevant photos, but it states "Bangkok's first subway" from the BangkokSubway.com site page.

Should have the 1st map I posted above actually have the caption "Planned Routes as of January 2003" even though it doesn't seem to comply with the 2nd map and caption above.

I am indeed very, very confused. :huh:

Thanks for pointing that out...

Yes, the first map shows the planned routes as of January 2003 and the second map are the planned routes as of January 2004. I'll update the text to clarify.

Great cityrain.

I can see you have updated your sites.

For those intrested, visit cityrain's sites (link posted above in first post by cityrain in this thread). Lot's of pics, info maps etc. :D