The Pizza City Story

gs3

It started at 8:05 (and 5 seconds)......

IMG_4194.jpg

We were order 25 or 52 or something.......

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

Beer started flowing.......

IMG_4180.jpg

Decided to photogragh the ceiling......

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4159.jpg

IMG_4164.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

IMG_4166.jpg

IMG_4187.jpg

Waiting and people watching.....the lipstick lesbian couple, the dad and mom with four kids in tow from the Honda minivan, the nerd man, the priest, the sad girl planning to drown her sorrows in a large deep dish, the preps fresh from the golf course with their purchased dates, the best friends confiding, the wannabe rapper, first date, the pretty boy, on and on........a true slice of life.

IMG_4210.jpg

IMG_4213.jpg

It arrives......

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg

At evenings end, we all agreed with the deep, life changing meaning of this ceiling tile.......

IMG_4174.jpg

And with the moon in perfect position over Pizza City, we all agreed it was a sign from above.......(pun intended)

IMG_4223.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In an old Hardee's building, on Pleasantburg Drive, near the intersection with Wade Hampton Boulevard. Originally they were actually located where Tito's is currently, but that was quite a long while back now. The first time I ate at Pizza City was at least 25 years ago. Definitely try the "New York White" pie sometime. Mmmmmmm!

As if I didn't miss Greenville enough already! This is one place I'd almost forgotten about since living there and it looks just the same. Memories...

I just had to come out of lurking to comment on this. Thanks, gsupstate! Looks like I could be moving back next year if all goes well and I can be a regular on here again.

Glad you guys enjoyed the thread and happy it inspired hunger (Skyliner) and nostalgia (Cap'n Prowler). :)

Next time you're by there RT, check it out....their pizza ranks up with Tito's and Moretti's. It is one of those places I drove by hundreds of times before I ever checked it out. It has now become a favorite.

In addition, if you love people watching, this place is one of the best in Greenville......better than downtown. Such a diverse group of people come through the doors.

Overall, it is a great little Greenville treasure, IMO. :good:

Glad you guys enjoyed the thread and happy it inspired hunger (Skyliner) and nostalgia (Cap'n Prowler). :)

Next time you're by there RT, check it out....their pizza ranks up with Tito's and Moretti's. It is one of those places I drove by hundreds of times before I ever checked it out. It has now become a favorite.

In addition, if you love people watching, this place is one of the best in Greenville......better than downtown. Such a diverse group of people come through the doors.

Overall, it is a great little Greenville treasure, IMO. :good:

OK - tried it out this evening with the wife and kids - had a New York White Pizza (as suggested by Skyliner) and added sausage and mushrooms to it. It wasn't half bad. In fact, my daughter actually at two whole slices of a 16" pie, so I can't complain one iota. Good stuff. I was in the mood for a Sicilian pie after seeing the photos, but the 16" round pie was great, too!

I'm still waiting on some real Chicago style pizza in Greenville. Pizzeria Uno would be perfect.

Gino's East, Lou Malnati's, Aurelio's, Giordano's are all welcome in my book. We need a different style of pizza here becides on NY style. It gets expensive shipping Giordano's here once a month. Would also be nice to have a place that served good Italian beef sandwiches.

Archived