Bham Aerial...

DevinLee

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest donaltopablo

I love the airliners.net aerials, some of the pictures they have are just down right amazing! They have several very cool ones of Atlanta and many, many good shots of individual airports.

This BHam one is up there on the list of my favorites from the site.

Nashville forumers did more than enough to make Birmingham look bad a few weeks ago :P

Anyways, compare that aerial to the aerial of Nashville posted. The one of Birmingham is clearly better.

Nashville forumers? lol, the fact that I don't even know what you are referring to kinda says something about how true your statement probably is...of course, maybe i just wasn't involved. And if it was some city vs. city debate you're talking about i'm sure both sides did plenty of that.

I don't know what you mean by "better"...an aerial photo...to me at least...looks pretty similar no matter where its a picture of. The B'ham one looks different, yes, but i'm not sure how one aerial photo can be a better shot than another aerial photo...especially when it is from the same website.

I know the seasons were different. The Nashville aerial was taken in early March.

In actuality, I was referring to the urbanity of both. Birmingham has a much larger older urban area because it was a much more important city at the beginning of the 20th century than Nashville was ...

I agree with that statement but the Nashville pic misses quite a bit...

The photo of Nashville pans out to show the less populated areas north of the river. I believe 75% of Nashville's population lives south of the Cumberland River and the Picture doesn't give a fair representation of that area. It looks like the Birmingham pic might have a similar disadvantage as the city looks to continue an urban area to the right.

I agree with that statement but the Nashville pic misses quite a bit...

The photo of Nashville pans out to show the less populated areas north of the river. I believe 75% of Nashville's population lives south of the Cumberland River and the Picture doesn't give a fair representation of that area. It looks like the Birmingham pic might have a similar disadvantage as the city looks to continue an urban area to the right.

Birmingham's northern half is also much less populated than the southern half. This aerial is looking towards the northeast and mainly shows areas north of Downtown. It cuts off half of Southside (Five Points South, Highland Avenue, Lakeview, etc.) to the right (south) of Downtown as well as the heavily built up area of Homewood lying a little further south (Downtown Homewood is one of the most urban areas outside of the CBD).

Archived