Independence Corridor

underoak

21 hours ago, go_vertical said:

The newly rebuilt Chick-fil-A across from Park Road Shopping has no indoor seating as well.  I believe there are only five or six patio seats with a walk up window to order.  This is a growing trend I'm not too keen on. 

So they're going back to the original Cook-Out model? That's pretty awesome. I guess our weather is nice enough most of the time... "Now all restaurants are Cook-Out"

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

From Twitter and Choate Construction.

""What a beautiful day to celebrate new beginnings! Gvest Capital and Choate #Charlotte kicked off the #historicrenovation of the Ervin Building with a groundbreaking. The renovation will preserve the historic landmark while revitalizing the interior. ""

and check out that skyline in the background! 

The skyline is going to look awesome from the future Rooftop Bar, especially at night!

• Like 4

I'm glad this is happening and anxious to see current renderings of the project. That said, who is leasing in this building? It's adjacent to a Walmart and fast food.  I guess the numbers work but with all of the soon to be open space in Uptown and spec buildings elsewhere, I'm having a hard time envisioning the tenant mix here.  Post renovation it still won't be A space (will it??). Distant views of the skyline only go so far...someone help me out here. Maybe tenants in the gold building will move down the road...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JBS said:

I'm glad this is happening and anxious to see current renderings of the project. That said, who is leasing in this building? It's adjacent to a Walmart and fast food.  I guess the numbers work but with all of the soon to be open space in Uptown and spec buildings elsewhere, I'm having a hard time envisioning the tenant mix here.  Post renovation it still won't be A space (will it??). Distant views of the skyline only go so far...someone help me out here. Maybe tenants in the gold building will move down the road...

Won't necessarily be a big tenant or name brand taking a bunch of the building, but this location could be good for smaller tenants that need a floor or half a floor. Tenants like a local law firm, psychology / counseling office, physician office, insurance brokers, et... the type of tenants that don't need to be Uptown or pay the premium for South End, South Park, Ballantyne, et.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just noticed they're building a crapload of apartments on the section of Wallace Rd. that runs parallel to Independence from Papa John's to Toy's R Us / Circuit City.

I found this site plan online for one of the complexes. If this is the actual plan, isn't it weird what they're doing to Pineborough...

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2019/170-185/2019-180 site plan.pdf

• Like 3

Too bad they are designing it largely car dependent and with surface parking, but I also get this wouldn't be walking distance to the Conference Station or Village Lakes station of the proposed Silver Line. The unfortunate thing about the Conference Station is really only the M Station and Ashley Place apartments are near it for residential. The car dealerships and police station on the other corners will make it hard to get other residential clustered around the station. A bus circulator down Wallace to  Parkwood Apartments, W Flats, and this new apartment building could capture thousands of potential transit riders. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...