Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RenZone

Local First

18 posts in this topic

There is so much going on at Local First that it was determined that an official posting area should be created. Check back here for official news from LF (staff, and board members). Below are some current and upcoming events you should know about.

Local First Street Party Poster Contest - deadline is April 13

Poster Contest Judging Event @ Founders - April 21 @ Founders

Sustainability Conference - April 29

6th Annual Street Party - June 13

2009 Coupon Books

More about the organization at www.localfirst.com

2009 Coupon Books

It took me two coupons for the Local First Coupon Book to pay for itself. I loooooove it.

It took me two coupons for the Local First Coupon Book to pay for itself. I loooooove it.

16 entries in the Street Party poster contest.

Come on out to Founders on Tuesday to cast your vote.

More info at www.localfirst.com.

Reminder: Judging tonight @ Founders

Local First is holding a judging party tonight for the community to select the winning design of the 2009 Street Party poster. The organization is seeking a winning design by a local artist to be used as the centerpiece of all marketing materials for the 6th Annual Local First Street Party presented by Founders Brewing to be held on Saturday, June 13. The winner will be announced at 9:00 PM.

Prize is a $100 gift certificate to your favorite Local First business, recognition on the poster and at the Street Party, and a framed copy of the final poster.

To see more details and RSVP, check out Local First's Facebook page.

Reminder: Judging tonight @ Founders

Local First is holding a judging party tonight for the community to select the winning design of the 2009 Street Party poster. The organization is seeking a winning design by a local artist to be used as the centerpiece of all marketing materials for the 6th Annual Local First Street Party presented by Founders Brewing to be held on Saturday, June 13. The winner will be announced at 9:00 PM.

Prize is a $100 gift certificate to your favorite Local First business, recognition on the poster and at the Street Party, and a framed copy of the final poster.

To see more details and RSVP, check out Local First's Facebook page.

Congratulations to Alynn Guerra on winning the Local First Street Party Poster Contest!

Congratulations to Alynn Guerra on winning the Local First Street Party Poster Contest!

Can we get a sneak peak? I'm hoping the Fam and Four Finger Five can make it again this year. Without the rain of course...

Can we get a sneak peak? I'm hoping the Fam and Four Finger Five can make it again this year. Without the rain of course...

It's on Local First's facebook site. I can't pull it up now. It looks great!

It's on Local First's facebook site. I can't pull it up now. It looks great!
\

Street Party band line up to be announced soon!

\

Street Party band line up to be announced soon!

Here is the line up for the June 13 Street Party:

4:00-5:00 Simien the Whale

5:30-6:30 Southpaw Players and Karissa Wilson

7:00-8:00 Lynn Thompson Band

8:30-9:45 Hard Lessons

10:15-11:45 Mustard Plug (headliner)

Here is the line up for the June 13 Street Party:

4:00-5:00 Simien the Whale

5:30-6:30 Southpaw Players and Karissa Wilson

7:00-8:00 Lynn Thompson Band

8:30-9:45 Hard Lessons

10:15-11:45 Mustard Plug (headliner)

Stepping it up! Love it.

Stepping it up! Love it.

Interested to hear Patagonia Outdoor marketing guru Craig Thorne discuss their sustainability story at tomorrow's Local First annual conference @ Aquinas.

Interested to hear Patagonia Outdoor marketing guru Craig Thorne discuss their sustainability story at tomorrow's Local First annual conference @ Aquinas.

Can't wait to see Mustard Plug this weekend at the Street Party. I used to play in a band while attending MSU in the 90s and they were a big deal back then, too!

Can't wait to see Mustard Plug this weekend at the Street Party. I used to play in a band while attending MSU in the 90s and they were a big deal back then, too!

Oops, getting too excited. Local First Street Party is next weekend, the 13th, not this weekend!

Oops, getting too excited. Local First Street Party is next weekend, the 13th, not this weekend!

Can't wait! I'm volunteering (checking ID's at the gate). I'll be the smallest bouncer at the door (ever). :hi:

Looking forward to it. I've been out of town for the last couple. Viva Mustard Plug.

The Hard Lessons are pretty kickass as well. Their manager is Chris Johnston, the former lead singer of 19 Wheels, who also had a pretty good fan base over here (they played their final show at The Intersection).

Edited by fotoman311

The Hard Lessons are pretty kickass as well. Their manager is Chris Johnston, the former lead singer of 19 Wheels, who also had a pretty good fan base over here (they played their final show at The Intersection).

Good to know about The Hard Lessons. Can't wait to see them. Loved 19 Wheels, and Johnston's original band, the Hannibals!

Nice article about some of our favorite restaurants including information about the local farm sources of the selections on their menus.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2012/01/west_michigan_restaurants_webs.html

It reminded me of this video, I suppose we might be overhearing conversations like this one at some of the restaurants in uptown:

http://www.ifc.com/videos/portlandia-is-it-local