New Class A office tower for downtown?

GRDadof3

There's an article in the Business Journal today that says that Ray Kisor is working with a landlord client on a potential Class A office tower for downtown to start within the next 3 years. We seem to hear these just about every year this time. :)

Assuming that it happens, anyone got any (new) guesses of where?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it has to do with Sequenom and their projected 500 jobs in the next five years... We have been assisting them here and in CA in creating an executive team for their operations here in Grand Rapids.

I have no proof that this is what it is, but it would make sense.

Maybe it has to do with Sequenom and their projected 500 jobs in the next five years... We have been assisting them here and in CA in creating an executive team for their operations here in Grand Rapids.

I have no proof that this is what it is, but it would make sense.

I wonder about The Press property. Great highway access right there along with the Silver Line, street railway and Medical Mile cluster. An interesting place for a tower may also be on Ionia North parking lot. Not saying any of these are realistic.

I would agree that a very good location for the building would be at the Press' current site. Maybe the GR Press would rent space in the new building too? ;)

I wonder about The Press property. Great highway access right there along with the Silver Line, street railway and Medical Mile cluster. An interesting place for a tower may also be on Ionia North parking lot. Not saying any of these are realistic.

A word of caution about the term "tower". In Grand Rapids, the term tower has been applied to a building 7 stories or taller. An example would be the building addition that was proposed for Plaza Towers. Granted, any new office space would be welcome, but I wouldn't expect anything very large.

A word of caution about the term "tower". In Grand Rapids, the term tower has been applied to a building 7 stories or taller. An example would be the building addition that was proposed for Plaza Towers. Granted, any new office space would be welcome, but I wouldn't expect anything very large.

Archived