Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yekaterinab

IN PROGRESS: College Avenue Safeway

6 posts in this topic

Existing_Cornerjpgw560h420.jpg

Existing_Store_Frontjpgw560h420.jpg

Sky_Viewjpgw560h435.jpg

Existing_Site_Plan_Detailjpgw560h44.jpg

Original Renderings (will be updated once new renderings are unveiled)...

safeway_1.jpg

safeway_2.jpg

Newsafeway2.jpg

safeway-corner_elevation_revised.jpg

http://www.berkeleydailyplanet.com/issue/2...e-Avenue-Store-

Event Invitation (from project website): Please be our guest at a special community meeting to unveil the updated and modified plans for a new store and the accompanying small shops at College and Claremont in Oakland.

Safeway will be displaying the new drawings and architectural renderings for the College Avenue neighborhood store on Wednesday, April 29th at the Claremont Hotel* from 7:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. The Claremont Hotel is located on Ashby Avenue in Berkeley.

Come take a look at what we are planning for you in a new, light-filled, energy efficient building with lots of free parking for everyone.

* We encourage our neighbors to walk to the meeting if possible. Complimentary self parking will be available for three hours beginning at 6:30 p.m. and ending at 9:30 p.m..

Note: Conceptual plans and elevations are still being finalized for the upcoming meeting and will be posted to this website within a week following the community meeting on 4/29/2009.

Many of you may have read an item in the recent Rockridge News stating that local architects presented an alternative development plan to Safeway regarding the rebuild of the College/Claremont store and

Wow, for a grocery store that looks like quite the plan.

it looks like the tentative drawings show a building actually fronting the street with parking in the rear. pretty impressive.

I wish more big box stores re-developed like this.

I also wish more developers publicized events for the unveiling of architectural renderings, ribbon-cutting ceremonies, etc.

So who's coming with me on April 29th? It's the perfect opportunity to get involved!

...very nice Safeway! much nicer than ours here at Market/Church & Duboce, though it, too, was renovated & improved last year with wood (slabs???) floors in certain locations...but the aisles are much bigger for such a busy store that is always crowded...

Only about a week until the unveiling event. I'll be there +1, and I'll upload the new renderings if I can get some documents, or at least snap some pictures. Anybody else planning on showing up?

Only about a week until the unveiling event. I'll be there +1, and I'll upload the new renderings if I can get some documents, or at least snap some pictures. Anybody else planning on showing up?