***Picture of the Day***

Scott

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.  Snow already?!  No snow here yet.  We typically see our first snow in late November or sometime in December.  It really varies...one time we didn't get a flake of snow until December 24.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what it is usually like here too. But November 12-13 we got 6.5". Go figure.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a shot of downtown Boise, Idaho, taken in February 2003. This is looking north along Capitol Avenue. You can see the Idaho State Capitol dome (modeled after the US Capitol) and the US Bank building, the brown building that is the tallest in Boise.

The red brick buildings to the right of the avenue are part of Boise State University.

capitolfromdepot.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pics, guys! I guess I need to find a winter photo to post, but that will have to wait until I get back to school in January. Right now we've got about 8 inches (20 cm) of snow on the ground, although it is supposed to warm up this week, so some of it will melt.

I posted some photos of this weekend's Cape Cod Snowstorm from the Cape Cod Times in the New England section.

CC004.jpg

Here in Providence and most of the rest of southeastern New England we got 6-10 inches of snow, the Cape got as much as 20 inches due to the ocean effect. Some areas of the Cape still don't have power since Sunday.