***Picture of the Day***

Scott

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! Here's one more from Providence, this one from Summer '04 of Providence's "Waterfire" event (see in the lower left) where they light burning wood beacons in Providence's rivers. There's also music and dancing outdoors.

- Garris

----------------

Check out our Providence/RI Photo of the Day thread!

----------------

waterfireskylinefrommall9pi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a shot from a few days ago of Frances Street in Providence, RI. The building to the right is the downtown (and highly successful) Providence Place Mall. The buildings behind (lit gabled roof) and ahead are part of the Providence Downcity Westin, which will be graced within the next year by a new, taller matching tower containing about 200 more hotel rooms and a few dozen condo units that will be located to the left of the short domed lobby structure directly ahead. Within the next year as well, the new downtown headquarters of the G-Tech corporation will be constructed on the left of this street (behind the trees) which will contain sidewalk level retail, restaurants, and walking space mirroring that of the mall's sidewalk retail on the right. Busy times in this part of downtown! (Not even visible in this photo are the two 20 story condo towers that will be going up to the left of the G-Tech building):

francesstreet7aa.jpg

Happy Passover to all the Jewish UP readers! (this is an image from off the web :-) ). I hope all your seders were warm, family filled, and meanful. I took my recipes this year from the Suzie Fishbein's "Kosher by Design," probably the best cookbook I've ever used (Kosher or not). Amazing (and relatively easy) gourmet level recipes:

catpassover0vg.jpg

- Garris

----------------

Check out our Providence/RI Photo of the Day thread!

----------------

Edited by Garris

the view of Boston from an apartment i recently looked at on winter hill - Somerville, MA:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pretty sweet shot (and pretty sweet view). Would you mind telling us what that apartment was going for with that kind of vista?

- Garris

it was a one bed with small "study" off the bedroom for $1,000 a month. it was the second apartment i had looked at once i got to boston and started looking around the different areas. this place really wasn't all that bad. it had wall to wall carpet which needed a good cleaning, and the kitchen and bath were pretty outdated, but it wasn't a dump either. plus, i think the setup was pretty typical for that pricerange in somerville. no dishwasher, no washer/dryer hookups.

it was a one bed with small "study" off the bedroom for $1,000 a month. it was the second apartment i had looked at once i got to boston and started looking around the different areas. this place really wasn't all that bad. it had wall to wall carpet which needed a good cleaning, and the kitchen and bath were pretty outdated, but it wasn't a dump either. plus, i think the setup was pretty typical for that pricerange in somerville. no dishwasher, no washer/dryer hookups.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Frankly, that's not bad... With a view like that, I'd strongly consider it as long as all the other essentials were in place.

- Garris