***Picture of the Day***

Scott

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my favorite skyline shot of houston (edited)

That's one of the nicer shots of Houston I've seen... Well done!

Here's a Southern (less often photographed) view of the Providence, RI skyline. I was taking this shot in preparation for the building of 110 Westminster, which will be Providence's tallest and will be located right in the middle of this photo in the foreground next to the mid-rise white building to the middle-right:

skylinetestsm6pf.jpg

- Garris

Edited by Garris

Interesting pic IC. Too bad you didn't have a tripod and took some pics with the shutter open for longer exposures. I bet you could have gotten some interesting shots with the water in the foreground. Look forward to seeing your Nashville pics.

Here is what the historical marker near it says:

The Welfare Building was constructed in 1906 as a recreation facility for the workers of the Glazier Stove Company. It featured a swimming pool, a billiard hall, a basketball court, a theatre and a reading room. Chelsea native Frank P. Glazier, who was the Michigan state treasurer from 1904 to 1908, founded the stove company in 1891. Becuase Chelsea, a predominantly rural community, lacked skilled labor, most of the company's workers commuted weekly via a special train from Detroit. In 1907 Glazier declared bankruptcy. The building was sold to the Lewis Spring & Axle Company, which manufactured the short-lived Hollier Eight automobile. Since 1960 the building has houses the Chelsea Standard.

Edited by ZachariahDaMan

This is a photo I took a couple weeks back in downtown Shreveport. I manipulated it to make it black and white, and then I went back and colored in the American flag to make it appear really vivid. I'm very proud of this one! Hope everyone enjoys it.

137865838.jpg

And the original, which I think is a beautiful urban photo in itself:

137850161.jpg

I love that picture, supkof! I like what you did to the flag.

Interesting pic IC. Too bad you didn't have a tripod and took some pics with the shutter open for longer exposures. I bet you could have gotten some interesting shots with the water in the foreground. Look forward to seeing your Nashville pics.

Actually, I did have my tripod with me. However, I was in a hurry at the time. I took about 25 pictures in the space of 10 minutes, so I was understandably a bit rushed. If I had more time, I probably could have gotten in a better position with the tripod for a clearer picture.

Also, the long exposure mode on my camera isn't the best.

-------------------

Anyways, here's a picture from my recent trip to Nashville:

The Tennessee State Capitol

124843900_9688ce55b1_b.jpg