***Picture of the Day***

Scott

^ Is that a river? We have them in some of the bayous here but I have never seen that many. This is not only cool but also the reason that I dont swim in any of the bayous or inlets.

pikes196.jpg

:lol: There IS a river in Natchitoches - the Cane River - but that was actually taken at Bayou Pierre Alligator Park during a feeding. :D And thanks to 300mm zoom, I was able to snap quite a few shots like that from a very safe distance.

Cool photo from you, by the way. I only swim in pools... no lakes, rivers, streams, bayous, or anything. The only BODY of water I'll swim in is a crystal clear ocean. I swam in the ocean in Montego Bay once, and only because I could see all the way to the bottom!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wondered how you said Nachitokacheese. Thanks for providing the pronunciation, even though I will probably never remember how ot say it. Looks pretty!

:lol: MOST people wonder how to pronounce it. It may be spelled Natchitoches, but it's VERY simple to say: Nakatish. :)

And yes, it's a very pretty town. I'm glad to have it only an hour away... makes for a nice day trip.

^ Is that a river? We have them in some of the bayous here but I have never seen that many. This is not only cool but also the reason that I dont swim in any of the bayous or inlets.

pikes196.jpg

and that is one reason i love Michigan, you can swim in any lake you want to without having to worry about being mutalated. lol.

Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

This topic is nothing but photos from all over. What kind of information are you looking for??

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Chicago theater district:

198987103_dee55ae99e.jpg

Very nice, Neo. You're making me home-sick... and Chicago isn't even my home. But I consider it one of my homes as much as I visit there. I likely won't be going this year after all, and that stinks for both my wife and myself. And as hard as it's getting to take cameras on planes now, I guess I'll have to start driving up there again.

But back onto the subject at hand: great photo and I love the B&W effect. It just seems to fit the photo.

Very nice, Neo. You're making me home-sick... and Chicago isn't even my home. But I consider it one of my homes as much as I visit there. I likely won't be going this year after all, and that stinks for both my wife and myself. And as hard as it's getting to take cameras on planes now, I guess I'll have to start driving up there again.

But back onto the subject at hand: great photo and I love the B&W effect. It just seems to fit the photo.

Thanks! I haven't flown since the tighter restrictions and haven't heard what they're doing with cameras now but if they are disallowing it I'm sure that will curb any air travel I do since I refuse to pass my camera gear through the rigorous checked baggage routine. It is unfortunate that the world is becoming anti-photography.

Thanks! I haven't flown since the tighter restrictions and haven't heard what they're doing with cameras now but if they are disallowing it I'm sure that will curb any air travel I do since I refuse to pass my camera gear through the rigorous checked baggage routine. It is unfortunate that the world is becoming anti-photography.

It all came about after the whole "liquid bomb" debacle that unfolded recently. I've been reading in different places online about you now having to check them and such. And like you, I'm not going to do that. And I'm not going somewhere like Chicago without a camera! Too many photo ops in that city to go "unarmed." :)