***Picture of the Day***

Scott

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice pictures of the dome, do you know how large it is?

Not really sure. I'll have to see if it's on one of the GA government's websites or something (Wikipedia might have it).

Yes, very nice, IC! I've always liked Georgia's Capitol. :thumbsup:

Trees and skyscrapers lining Michigan Avenue in Chicago:

331315900_e12dcf84a5.jpg

Thanks, NCB!

Great pic. Chicago's always been one of my favorite cities. Lots of good scrapers and scenery there.

^Excellent work NCB! Love the look of the building. Sky looks great as well!

Were you in Chicago on vacation?

Thanks, IC! And yep, I got to spend a few days in Chicago for the first time about a month ago, just before Thanksgiving. Definately one of my favorite American cities, and I plan on going back many, many times! :thumbsup:

I've got a whole new set of my Chicago pictures in my Flickr, which is linked in my sig.

^I love the gold dome on the Georgia Capitol, and at least to me, it seems to be the thing that makes it stand out among all of the skyscrapers in downtown Atlanta, which is certainly a good thing.

BTW, IC, how is that Kodak holding up for you?

Another one of my photos from Chicago, this is one of my favorites:

332178206_3ee25b4687.jpg

Two Prudential Plaza (left)

John Hancock Center (middle)

Aon Center (right)

^I love the gold dome on the Georgia Capitol, and at least to me, it seems to be the thing that makes it stand out among all of the skyscrapers in downtown Atlanta, which is certainly a good thing.

BTW, IC, how is that Kodak holding up for you?

Another one of my photos from Chicago, this is one of my favorites:

332178206_3ee25b4687.jpg

Two Prudential Plaza (left)

John Hancock Center (middle)

Aon Center (right)

Thanks, NCB!

Great work once again. There is a sort of surreal quality to the buildign in these shots with the way the shadows and lights hit them.

The Kodak is still doing great. I'm doing my best to take care of it. It's given me quite a few good shots and I love the 10x optical zoom.

I haven't even visited this thread in a while, but there have been some good shots posted since I was here last. Quite a few sunset shots as well, so I figured I'd add some of the sunset shots I took this week of downtown Shreveport and posted on the Southern Photos of the Day thread in USA South. Also keep in mind that these were all hand-held shots... one of the many reasons I love the hell out of my Rebel XT.

334754966_c21a86c0c5_b.jpg

334754962_5d3126cbe2_b.jpg

334754956_3bbacc2fc1_b.jpg

334754946_e1e9dbbb85_b.jpg

^ Great work, SBC! Shreveport looks great at sunset.

Here's one for today, it's the Georgia State Capitol Again:

334729963_c7e70d8339_b.jpg

Thanks, IC! :) I hate that the shots were so soft, but those are some of the best hand-held night shots I've ever gotten so I guess I shouldn't be too upset by the softness.

Oh, and I never get tired of the Georgia Capitol... that's a beautiful building. I really like Louisiana's Capitol, but I also love Capitols with huge, intricate domes.

Thanks, IC! :) I hate that the shots were so soft, but those are some of the best hand-held night shots I've ever gotten so I guess I shouldn't be too upset by the softness.

They look great. I couldn't tell to much of a difference. Some of them look like you used a tripod! :)

Oh, and I never get tired of the Georgia Capitol... that's a beautiful building. I really like Louisiana's Capitol, but I also love Capitols with huge, intricate domes.

I like the LA capitol as well. It's really one of a kind (and a monument to Huey Long as well).

Edited by ironchapman

Great shots, both of you! :thumbsup: Love the Georgia Capitol, and love Shreveport's skyline, and I'm very proud to have that as part of my state.

I figured I'd take a break from my Chicago pictures and follow IC's lead, with some Louisiana State Capitol pictures. I know it sounds kind of cliche, but I think such a unique capitol fits very well with such a very unique state.

IMG_8057border.jpg

IMG_8035border.jpg

img8038borderjg0.jpg

And if you think the "new" Louisiana State Capitol is unique, check out the old State Capitol, which was built in the 1830's:

IMG_7846border.jpg

I always thought that last one looked sort of like a castle!

Anyways, I'll post some more of the Capitol when I get around to making a photo thread of it.

Here's one I found that I forgot to post in my photo thread of Atlanta at night I created a couple days ago.

It's the Midtown skyline at night:

328739425_68e10fe153_b.jpg

Edited by ironchapman