***Picture of the Day***

Scott

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After joining the SLR camera world recently my dad gave me his old 70-200mm zoom lense because its manual focus and he has a hard time with his eyesight. I'm still getting used to it, but here are a couple I had fun with at the Wachovia plaza this weekend.

ps. I still got harrassed by security guards while taking pictures from the sidewalk..... :tough:

2-24-07

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

The banks here in Charlotte are a little paranoid. They told me that "the bank doesn't like people taking pictures of their building" (I was also pointing up at their building). I asked him what if I took them from accross the street (even though I was on the sidewalk). He said he probably couldn't say anything then, but advised me again not to take pictures of the building.

Its getting really old, and I didn't get into it with him because I was done from that spot. But next time I'm going let them know I'm on public property and dont care what the bank thinks. Maybe even go to my camera shop and talk to them about what we can do. Everyone gets the same treatment in Charlotte, even on parking garages, its pretty rediculous.

Just got a macro lense today, so here's my first try at it. Well....the first flower anyway, probably the 10th try, lol.

Didn't realize untill I uploaded the photo that the ISO was at 1600. :( Hopefully the next time I'll be more careful, because its grainy at full res.

large.jpg

Edited by Mobuchu

The banks here in Charlotte are a little paranoid. They told me that "the bank doesn't like people taking pictures of their building" (I was also pointing up at their building). I asked him what if I took them from accross the street (even though I was on the sidewalk). He said he probably couldn't say anything then, but advised me again not to take pictures of the building.

Its getting really old, and I didn't get into it with him because I was done from that spot. But next time I'm going let them know I'm on public property and dont care what the bank thinks. Maybe even go to my camera shop and talk to them about what we can do. Everyone gets the same treatment in Charlotte, even on parking garages, its pretty rediculous.

We can thank 9/11 for all the extra Homeland Security measures. Understandably, everyone is paranoid, especially about public bldgs.

City Hall, Jackson, Mississippi. One of only a handful of buildings not torched by Sherman in the Civil War. He called Jackson "Chimenyville" because chimneys were the only thing left standing at so many of the structures burned down. It is said he spared city hall because the the top floor was a Masonic Lodge and he was a Mason. Anyway, here it is.....

the front:

stoaddy2007019.jpg

and the back (maybe it's other way around?):

stoaddy2007020.jpg