***Picture of the Day***

Scott

Used my new Nikon 105mm f/2.8 VR Micro lens. Since it is a 1:1 macro lens I can get pretty close. I've been toying with attaching my 50mm f/1.4 in reverse to gain even greater magnification but it is very hard to get a sharp shot of what you want as the DoF is as thin as paper at that point, not to mention the reduction in the amount of light hitting the sensor.

There is a whole new world in macro photography though and ever since I purchased this lens I've been enthralled by it. You could take shots all day long of things within 10ft. of you with one and that is a photographers dream! Not to mention stuff looks a heck of a lot cooler in macro IMO. :camera:

That is awsome. I am gaining more perspective everyday that I go out and use my camera. I even got my daughter taking pics now.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCSC, I love the pictures of UT. I have relatives that live between SLC and Park City, and the whole area is breathtaking.

Anyhoo, here's a picture of the most scenic road I've ever been on, "The Road to Hana" in Maui. Actually, the Beatles wrote a song about it b/c Georg Harrison bought a house in Hana, just off the road. His family still owns it today. Anyways, the song you all may know, is "The Long and Winding Road".

435789172_1586786005_b.jpg

NCSC, I love the pictures of UT. I have relatives that live between SLC and Park City, and the whole area is breathtaking.

Anyhoo, here's a picture of the most scenic road I've ever been on, "The Road to Hana" in Maui. Actually, the Beatles wrote a song about it b/c Georg Harrison bought a house in Hana, just off the road. His family still owns it today. Anyways, the song you all may know, is "The Long and Winding Road".

great angle.

^^Nice shot. Good pic of the skyline.

Here's a nice shot for today. I took it almost a year ago but never had the chance to post it.

I was in Centennial Olympic Park at the time and some kids were playing a game of football.

A Game of Football

173313862_7ee8671359_b.jpg

How could we all forget Jenga!?!? :D Nice shot! What did you say you have again, a D80 or D200?

I haven't posted here in a while because I've been thinking none of my stuff was urban enough lately... but Jenga has changed my mind about this thread. Here's a non-urban shot of my own, taken a couple months back at a Civil War reenactment. And for you northerners or Confederacy haters, you can delight in knowing that, while this was a very bloody battle, the Yankees did beat the hell out of the Rebels at the Battle of Pleasant Hill. :)

I was particularly pleased with this shot because, out of the 700+ shots I took of this particular event, this was the only one where I actually caught the fiery flash from the muzzle blast as the cannon fired off. A fellow UPer, woob, was with me and we both tried and tried and tried to get just this shot. After going back through my pictures from this event recently, I realized I had indeed captured this. And that's quite a feat for me, as bombs and gunfire make me very jumpy... so this shot was hard to get!!

605476157_3693999a79_b.jpg

How could we all forget Jenga!?!? :D Nice shot! What did you say you have again, a D80 or D200?

I haven't posted here in a while because I've been thinking none of my stuff was urban enough lately... but Jenga has changed my mind about this thread. Here's a non-urban shot of my own, taken a couple months back at a Civil War reenactment. And for you northerners or Confederacy haters, you can delight in knowing that, while this was a very bloody battle, the Yankees did beat the hell out of the Rebels at the Battle of Pleasant Hill. :)

I was particularly pleased with this shot because, out of the 700+ shots I took of this particular event, this was the only one where I actually caught the fiery flash from the muzzle blast as the cannon fired off....

605476157_3693999a79_b.jpg

Great shot, after blowing it up to full size I noticed the fire streak coming out the back of the canon too, very cool...

(as to your question, I have the Canon 30D)

Great shot, after blowing it up to full size I noticed the fire streak coming out the back of the canon too, very cool...

(as to your question, I have the Canon 30D)

Yeah that little "tail" out the back! I'm glad you noticed that... it's a very fine detail.

And as for being a 30D user, I can now say I fully respect you. :P I'm a XT user and my next step up will eventually be a 30D (I'd hoped to have one last year).... and then hopefully a 5D! :)

McCartney originally wrote the song at his farm in Scotland, inspired by the growing tension between The Beatles at the time. McCartney said later: "I just sat down at my piano in Scotland, started playing and came up with that song, imagining it was going to be done by someone like Ray Charles. I have always found inspiration in the calm beauty of Scotland and again it proved the place where I found inspiration."[1] (Ray Charles covering this song can be heard on the posthumously-released 2006 album Ray Sings, Basie Swings.)

Although McCartney was the sole writer of the song, like all Beatles songs written by him or John Lennon, it would be credited to "Lennon/McCartney" by long-standing

McCartney originally wrote the song at his farm in Scotland, inspired by the growing tension between The Beatles at the time. McCartney said later: "I just sat down at my piano in Scotland, started playing and came up with that song, imagining it was going to be done by someone like Ray Charles. I have always found inspiration in the calm beauty of Scotland and again it proved the place where I found inspiration."[1] (Ray Charles covering this song can be heard on the posthumously-released 2006 album Ray Sings, Basie Swings.)

Although McCartney was the sole writer of the song, like all Beatles songs written by him or John Lennon, it would be credited to "Lennon/McCartney" by long-standing

Well, I guess my tour guide told us wrong then. If they tell us that story again this next week when I go back, then I'll stand up and correct them. My step-dad who was a big Beatles fan and went on the Road to Hana tour w/ us didn't seem to know about it.