SAN FRANCISCO: One Rincon Hill

FourOneFive

Here's a new rendering of One Rincon Hill. (Thank sfcityscape.com for scanning the shot!)

One Rincon Hill I & II

height: 550' and 465' (to the roofs, not including crowns)

floors: ~52 and ~44

function: residential (condominiums)

architect: Solomon Cordwell Buenz & Associates

completion: 2007 (?)

one_rincon_hill.jpg

Towers will replace the Bank of America Clocktower at the Bay Bridge. Upon completion, the 550' tower will be the tallest all-residential building west of the Mississippi (and tallest outside of New York, Chicago, and Florida).

Any thoughts? :D

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is great.  Is San Francisco, relaxing some of its restrictions on building new highrises in order to aid the housing crunch there?

Yep. Currently, San Francisco has two project areas, Rincon Hill and the Transbay Redevelopment Area, that are going through a rezoning process to allow more high-rise residential development. In addition to the two towers of One Rincon Hill above, Rincon Hill will add another 7 towers to the skyline (ranging from 300'- 550'). In fact, 4 of the 7 towers have been approved.

As for the Transbay Redevelopment Area (which sits across the street from Rincon Hill), it seeks to add 7 residential towers ranging from 200' to 550', and one mixed use tower which will range somewhere between 550' to 850'.

Another area which may see more residential towers (but is farther behind in the planning process) is the Civic Center/ Van Ness area. The Planning Department is exploring the possibility of adding towers that may reach up to 500'.

I guess things are certainly looking up for San Francisco! :D

Here's a vision created by www.sfcityscape.com:

(the proposed towers just reflect the new height of the buildings. It does not reflect any potential designs.)

rincon_transbay_skyline.jpg

Guest donaltopablo

I agree it's good news that SF is getting some taller residential towers. There seems to be a good bit of fight behind most of these proposals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These will be great additions to the SF skyline. I wish I could see pictures of the buildings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For some reason, this board doesn't let us go back and edit previous posts. Here's the rendering of One Rincon Hill:

One-Rincon-Hill_01.jpg

The project is currently undergoing the EIR process. The final EIR should appear before the Planning Commission by the end of the summer, and then the Board of Supervisors by the end of the year.

Archived