Southend Living

6 hours ago, ScottCLT said:

I noticed a new pizza place going in behind the Truliant Credit Union on South Blvd. It's a chain called Your Pie. Same thing as Blaze, Pieology, Maddios, etc. These pizza places are popping up all over...it's like fro-yo all over again. 

I am hoping for a Pizzeria Locale before the bubble bursts

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, CriticalT said:

There is activity on the rail trail where East Kingston terminates.  I can't find anything searching, but I recall this being a rail trail access point that was getting a ramp and some landscaping. 

See attached connection. One of the more important, but unrecognized projects.

static1.squarespace.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 9.32.03 AM.png

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stopped in the Palmer St arcade bar on my way home today. Nice place, the games are in very good shape (and the video games are set to free play). The pinball selection is OK (two quarters each play), they could use a few more vintage video games but....

I audibly gasped when I heard my What He's Having was $6.50 -- that is London pricing -- WTF?

At the risk of sounding even douchier than usual, who can I call to report their lack of a bike rack? (bonus points if there is someone I can call to report the scandalous beer prices)

Despite all of my beotching I'll be back (I love an arcade bar with good AC)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kermit said:

At the risk of sounding even douchier than usual, who can I call to report their lack of a bike rack?

I'll pass the complaint to the building owner.

Gold District and Southend north of Remount is on the cusp of greatness, 2017-19 are going to be pretty damn exciting.

Edited by Guest

On 7/20/2017 at 6:58 PM, kermit said:

Stopped in the Palmer St arcade bar on my way home today. Nice place, the games are in very good shape (and the video games are set to free play). The pinball selection is OK (two quarters each play), they could use a few more vintage video games but....

I audibly gasped when I heard my What He's Having was $6.50 -- that is London pricing -- WTF?

At the risk of sounding even douchier than usual, who can I call to report their lack of a bike rack? (bonus points if there is someone I can call to report the scandalous beer prices)

Despite all of my beotching I'll be back (I love an arcade bar with good AC)

On 7/20/2017 at 7:06 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'll pass the complaint to the building owner

I gotta ask: Amy Dance Dance Revolution? Wanna pass that on the the owner as well? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Ugh, nobody wants an arcade bar to succeed more than me but...

the palmer st arcade bar just isn't fun for me.  Sparse crowds when I have been in during traditional happy hour (including a Friday at 7:30) . Expensive draft beer ($6 for a juicy jay in a less than pint glass), and (most importantly) no kavorka that makes you want to stick around after your first beer. 

I hope they can turn it around (game quality is pretty good), and I may have old guy bar-blinders on, but their future is looking bleak at the moment. (And they still don't have a gd bike rack).

Edited by kermit

14 hours ago, kermit said:

Ugh, nobody wants an arcade bar to succeed more than me but...

the palmer st arcade bar just isn't fun for me.  Sparse crowds when I have been in during traditional happy hour (including a Friday at 7:30) . Expensive draft beer ($6 for a juicy jay in a less than pint glass), and (most importantly) no kavorka that makes you want to stick around after your first beer. 

I hope they can turn it around (game quality is pretty good), and I may have old guy bar-blinders on, but their future is looking bleak at the moment. (And they still don't have a gd bike rack).

I dunno, man. I used to be video game obsessed, and now I'm bored out of my wits whether I'm at Palmer St, Lucky's, or Abari.

I'm one to give the benefit of the doubt that younger people, and older folks with the right kind of personality, are having a way better time than me.

But still, it'll be interesting to see which one goes first... it's like Apprentice... Arcade Apprentice... Arcade Abarntice...

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/02/01/oyster-themed-restaurant-rooftop-bar-headed-to.html

There's an oyster bar going in on the other end with the rooftop that you may be thinking of.

16 minutes ago, Crown said:

besides hollar & dash - is there another restaurant / retailer going into the HT development? I can't seem to remember where I thought I saw it....

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
21 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Oh this will be fun, went last month when in Columbus for a wedding.  Thought it was a good time and would kill in Charlotte and now here we are haha

Just posted this in Southend but yeahhh better suited here. Whoops. 

And yeah my fellow Ohioans will know how awesome both these places are. 

• Like 1