Southend Living

Common Markets Twitter says "We don't die, we multiply" in reference to the Southend Location, so maybe we are going to be hearing about two new Charlotte Locations. Oakhurst and West Tremont. 

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Common Markets Twitter says "We don't die, we multiply" in reference to the Southend Location, so maybe we are going to be hearing about two new Charlotte Locations. Oakhurst and West Tremont. 

A south end location was "possible, but on the fence" in my last trip to the grape vine.

• 2 weeks later...

The front unit at 2173 Hawkins (1 story redevelopment next to Sycamore) will be a restaurant called Yamazuru. I don't know anything else about it other than the rumor that it is by the owners of Ru Sans. Interior work has been pretty steady the last few weeks and I can see what looks like a bar counter inside. The space is fairly small, but I think an Izakaya type concept would be great there. 

5 minutes ago, nonillogical said:

The front unit at 2173 Hawkins (1 story redevelopment next to Sycamore) will be a restaurant called Yamazuru. I don't know anything else about it other than the rumor that it is by the owners of Ru Sans. Interior work has been pretty steady the last few weeks and I can see what looks like a bar counter inside. The space is fairly small, but I think an Izakaya type concept would be great there. 

Yeah last time the agenda reported on it it was called Hata's Sushi. It seems they've changed the name. It is from the Ru Sans owners 

• 2 months later...

I have been going to Price's for so many years it would embarrass me to state. My experiences at Price's are that precious few of its customers would transfer to Leroy Fox. Price closes at 6 pm. Price is cash only. Price is closed on Sunday and Monday and occasionally other holiday weekends. Price offers curb seating on the curb. Leroy Fox is proud of their chicken and their business will not be affected by Price's juxtaposition. It may help them. When the food truck rodeo was at Common Market lot nearby I went to Phat Burrito and asked them if the crowd and options just steps away was a problem for them. They said it was a boon. It brought people who knew nothing of them until they saw the building.

• 1 month later...

^Cluck'n'Cup is in a somewhat better location behind HD Supply, but not by that much from a visability perspective.

fyi...tried to swing by the new location a few weeks ago to pick up a couple of their homemade Chicken Pot Pies but no such luck. New location is limited to "take-n-bake" only:tw_cold_sweat: 

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, go_vertical said:

Heard a brief mention of an explosion at Pike's either last night or early this morning on NPR today. On employee badly burned and they will be closed temporarily. Appears to be gas line related.

Jesus that's intense. Hope all is well. 

In other news, yet another tex-mex place is going next to macs called Southbound. How terribly lame. However there is a component called "Barbershop & Speakeasy" so that can be cool. Barbershop as a front for a speakeasy. 

Edited by Jayvee

Jesus that's intense. Hope all is well. 
In other news, yet another tex-mex place is going next to macs called Southbound. How terribly lame. However there is a component called "Barbershop & Speakeasy" so that can be cool. Barbershop as a front for a speakeasy. 

You can never have too many tacos. They are a generic vessel to which you can express your creativity in any way you want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk