Southend Living

• 4 weeks later...

29 minutes ago, Jt282506 said:

It is going to be a Greek place from the owners of Mad Greek

I’m not expecting too much. We will see.  As I am 100% Greek I’ll say Mad Greek is not very authentic.  The best Greek restaurant in Charlotte is Sister (which is where Kiki was)….although it’s not a full Greek menu anymore their selections/items are the best hands down. 

Edited by Temeteron
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dumpling Lady into the Callie’s storefront on Tremont. No open date given.

Add a Waffle House and Tremont would be a solid late night food strip. (Dumplings, Bennies and…)

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2022/08/22/the-dumpling-lady-restaurants-south-end.html

Edited by kermit
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 4:18 PM, AltNative said:

the deal is dead. financing fell through

Its not so much financing fell through as they sold it at one price, went to start building, audited their Pro Forma and realized they priced units 200K+ too low compared to construction prices.  

Edited by CLT Development
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, ScottCLT said:

I have heard from two people that the Sandwich Max/Bei Jing spot at the corner of Park and South is going to be turned into a high-rise, but I've heard no chatter on UP about it. Any truth to this?

It has been discussed in the Southend High Rise thread.  Sterling Bay is the developer and they are planning a 30-40 story apartment building.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am super bummed that Paranoia Pinball / Palmer street now appears to be permanently shut down. I know this is ground zero for the Gold District redevelopment, but still I naively held out hope it could make it to the end of their lease.  Was a great place to play, machines always in top condition.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...