Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

architect2004

HYDROPOLIS - DUBAI

location.jpg

atnight.jpg

landstation.jpg

topview.jpg

Project: Hydropolis the first underwater hotel

HYDROPOLIS or the Beginning of a New Era of Hotels

The medium WATER as a basic aetiological elixir of life is of great significance. Simply the fact that man himself consists to 75% of water, and that his well-being requires regeneration of his basic substance

Thank you for updating us on the Hydropolis. I actually read the other article but the new images give me a better perception of the building itself.

Yep thats the best rendering ive seen of the place!! Ive posted before that the cheapest suite here will be in excess of 3000$ US :o

Cheers

:D

here are some more pics!!

Enjoy

7.jpg

3.jpg

The second one has been posted above!! But this is a smaller version!!

Cheers

If u would like to read more about this hotel ........ Read on...

Hydropolis

Press Conference Dubai, 2003 August

Project Description

Hydropolis or the Beginning of a New Era of Hotels.

The medium WATER as a basic aetiological elixir of life is of great significance. Simply the fact that man himself consists to 75% of water, and that his well-being requires regeneration of his basic substance

Yep construction has already started!! Cant get any construction images! I heard that thry had to first make a factory to manufacture all the glass needed for this project!!!

Cheers

:D

Friends of mine have just been there on holidays and they say that construction on the land station is visible. Then, apparently rumours in Dubai say that finance is still not 100%, but construction has begun nevertheless. I guess after all the PR that this Hotel has triggered for Dubai, those foreign investors know too well that it would be a disaster for Dubai if the project did not materialize. Even though Dubai prefers outsiders (Kuwaiti IFA Resorts, Qatari Omnix Group and Saudi Waleed Group and the likes) to built their city, they may have to fork out the money in this case themselves.

If anyone gets some pics of the construction of the land station, please do post. I have read that hydropolis will be surrounded by a giant concrete wall and that all room views will be inwards towards an artificial aquarium. Makes the whole thing sound a hell of a lot more feasible.

Yeah, but common. Its foremost a (hotel) business undertaking. The risks involved are unprecedented and those investors and operators will need to find and please insurance companies in some ways.

Somehow I've missed this topic. That's some idea and plan. I just keep wondering what they'll do next over there. :D

Somehow I've missed this topic. That's some idea and plan. I just keep wondering what they'll do next over there. :D

Probably a skyscraper 2 miles out into the ocean. :lol:

^^ Actually you may be right. I've heard that this project may contain a tower of about 30F or so. The bad thing is though, this project mightn't get built according to some people who know about this stuff.

Here are some high-res pics. I'll post them as thumbnails:

hydropolis0wa.th.jpg

hydropolis27gw.th.jpg

hydropolis37eg.th.jpg

hydropolis46am.th.jpg

hydropolis58qk.th.jpg

hydropolis64jc.th.jpg

When I was a kid I dreamed about having a giant swimming pool filled with salt water and fish with a bubble in the middle that was a bedroom. This should be awesome if it really comes to completion.

Next Project: Geostationary space elevator..... :lol: