HYDROPOLIS - DUBAI

architect2004

I've heard that the construction of the $500 million under water hotel will start in the first quarter of this year.

The shallow water hotel will be shaped as a bowl and will be positioned on the sea ground, according to Hohmann. The deep water version is floating in the sea with anchors on the ground. The bowl will be constructed externally and then positioned on the location. It will then be emptied of the water and equipped with huge aquariums as an attraction for the guests.

Hotel prices per night have been rumoured to reach around $3,000 per night, have not yet been announced by the group.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great news!! Glad to hear that it looks to be moving foreward. I sure hope to see it someday, though I don't know I will ever be able to afford a $3,000/night room. Maybe they will offer leaky basement spaces at discount rates! :lol:

:rofl:

I seem to recall another underwater hotel in the world on a much smaller scale that offered around $500 a night.

Archived