Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

WOODTV is now streaming us

23 posts in this topic

If WOOD-TV is leaching my comments for their content, remind me to drop as many 'f' bombs as I possibly can...

(It should get interesting when folks sound off about their star anchor... real interesting. Yeah, she does suck)

Compliment? Saves them having to dig for news, I guess.

Is that the station where the reporter stated that the Silver Line "would go north to Division" and "veer"?

(doesn't watch TV)

RSS Feeds have changed the way people get news and information.

I knew they were working with the Press but I am surprised and happy that they are getting news from Rapid Growth Media.

~John

I think it's good. More eyeballs for us. Now we'll just have to keep up the patrols and keep the crazies that comment on mlive.com and woodtv.com away. :)

I think it's good. More eyeballs for us. Now we'll just have to keep up the patrols and keep the crazies that comment on mlive.com and woodtv.com away. :)

Exactly, their comment sections should really be monitored better...it's deplorable. UP works this well because of its fine moderators :stop::good:

:shades:

If anyone would like to create some clever thread titles, I'm sure Joe and I could look the other way for a while. :whistling:

Well, let's look at the bright side of this. Perhaps we will help counter-act many of the ignorant, closed-minded people who comment there. Maybe.

Well, I might have my head in the clouds. :dontknow:

If anyone would like to create some clever thread titles, I'm sure Joe and I could look the other way for a while. :whistling:

Maybe I should hit the urban dictionary site and see what sort of synonyms (other than tree parts) utilize or spin off the station's call letters.

I laugh every time I hear WOOD-AM advertise their morning show urging you to, "Wake up with WOOD!"

I'm going to guess not. I tried finding the page that linked to us and had minor difficulty. The WOOD site is terribly cluttered. Starting from the main page, one must use the drop-down menu to select local news. From there, the only way I found to a Grand Rapids Local News section was to browse the selection of news articles and select "More >>." Keep in mind the Local News page is already filled with content.. I wouldn't even think there would be further pages to browse.

It seems the only rational behavior has been exhibited by members at the urbanplanet.org website. Even if there are camps of people in agreement and disagreement all sides approached this event with some kind of rational behavior and criticism.

I'm getting the feeling that our little civilized oasis on the Information Highway is getting co-opted by media folks who believe they are journalists, who are in fact, at best, stenographers who have now gravitated one step removed from plagiarists.

...but like they say, publicity is good as long as they spell the name (link) right, huh?

I think I'm going to get me some homogenized milk this Saturday after I associate myself with a spade hoe, and dig a few brass holes.

Better not talk about students taking classes on Saturdays to strengthen their analytical thought processes, either.