Why So Few Posts in the Memphis Forum?

paribasomw

Any ideas about why there are always so few posts about anything in the Memphis forum section of Urban Planet? Sometimes weeks go by without any posts or replies.

Is there really that little happening in greater Memphis? Or, is it just a total lack of interest?

Compared to other cities on Urban Planet (especially Nashville), Memphis seems to be a virtual ghost town.

Surely something is happening in this old river town.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any ideas about why there are always so few posts about anything in the Memphis forum section of Urban Planet? Sometimes weeks go by without any posts or replies.

Is there really that little happening in greater Memphis? Or, is it just a total lack of interest?

Compared to other cities on Urban Planet (especially Nashville), Memphis seems to be a virtual ghost town.

Surely something is happening in this old river town.

Most of UP has slowed down dramatically as the economy has slowed and new projects have dwindled in development, been canceled, or been delayed. This tends to cut down discussion and postings. As for Memphis in particular we have always had a smaller core group of posters and fewer high profile projects coming out on the regular basis compared to other city boards here on UP that still carry on a good rate of traffic. When the economy picks up and/or big news come out I think we will see traffic pick up some.

I've been in college for the last year and its taken up 95% of my life. Also, ever since a lot of the scraper projects like One Beale have stopped, I have kind of lost interest. The coolest thing going on right now to me is probably the control tower out at the airport. I think the Beale street landing project is still going on, and Horizon 1 is probably close to being finished.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess there's not too much going on but the same old problems

same old descension, high rate of crime according to the new Forbes,

just the same old stuff for the last 20 years

A few new businesses have bitten the dust in the South Main district

I guess they couldn't make it

Archived