Celadon New Town

GRDadof3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am curious as to what people here think about the architecture of Celadon.

With the exception of the single family house, I find it falling way short of what I expected and very disconcerting....a mish-mash of confusing styles and details.

Neither contemporary nor traditional and falling short of representing either. Some very peculiar detailing and techtonic decisions.

At least the architectural types seem resolved.

they are sure taking there sweet time getting the baloon off the tramac. i remember talking to the developer at the ada bike race few years ago (i was wearing spandex) about the project, lots of good graphics and marketing materials, birds on the website.

then i went to go see the project and it was still bulldozers pushing dirt around for the next 6 mos. dozers and dirt like a giant sandbox.

good to see some sticks going up. i love the fact that it is mixed use and the houses are not store bought lego houses. i hope it works out, i would like to move there from my current location when the aliens that run the banks come back to earth.

• 1 month later...

Just in case ya'll are interested, here's a list of Celadon sales to date:

Modern Row ($137K - $155K)

01 - Sold

02 - Sold

03 - Sold

04 - Sold

05 - $155K

06 - Sold

07 - $137K

08 - $137K

09 - Sold

10 - $143K

Town Loft 1 ($169K - $189K)

01 - Sold

02 - $186K (model)

03 - Sold

04 - Sold

05 - Sold

06 - Sold

Town Loft 2 ($169K - $189K)

01 - Sold

02 - $178K

03 - Sold

04 - Sold

05 - Sold

06 - Sold

07 - $169K

Lot 1 Spec House ($359K) - Sold

Also, 3 of the 4 office suites in the first Office building are sold (financial planner, artist, mosaic properties).

Next buildings: Town Loft 3, Spec House 2 and Live/Work 1

Cheers.

Just in case ya'll are interested, here's a list of Celadon sales to date:

Modern Row ($137K - $155K)

01 - Sold

02 - Sold

03 - Sold

04 - Sold

05 - $155K

06 - Sold

07 - $137K

08 - $137K

09 - Sold

10 - $143K

Town Loft 1 ($169K - $189K)

01 - Sold

02 - $186K (model)

03 - Sold

04 - Sold

05 - Sold

06 - Sold

Town Loft 2 ($169K - $189K)

01 - Sold

02 - $178K

03 - Sold

04 - Sold

05 - Sold

06 - Sold

07 - $169K

Lot 1 Spec House ($359K) - Sold

Also, 3 of the 4 office suites in the first Office building are sold (financial planner, artist, mosaic properties).

Next buildings: Town Loft 3, Spec House 2 and Live/Work 1

Cheers.

rode my bike thru there last night for the first time. meh...

i like somethings and didnt others. looks like some of the building have changed the overall look from what was proposed. man the economy sure can kill a good project.

i hope cost cutting doesnt effect the final product.

noticed some of the landscaping in general areas was still missing and alot of construction garbage everywhere....and it more wide open than i thought it would be.

adjacent roads and loud and busy (7pm) but man that website and marketing is beautiful.

i had on my baby blue crocs and spandex shorts.

• 3 months later...

Anybody tour thru Celadon New Town lately? Would be interested in hearing current impressions. Last post was in May when there was a ton of construction going on and general landscaping wasn't in yet. As a long-time Mosaic fan and promoter of the project, I can tell ya Mosaic doesn't know the meaning of the phrase "cost cutting." If the building designs aren't in line with the original rendering it's because the rendering was an artist's rendition of the project based on the Architectural Guidebook, not a representation of set plans/elevations. Anybody catch the Sweet Japonic concert at the amphitheater? Great turnout (200+) in spite of rain. Cheers.

Archived