Trial Biking in Charlotte

JayGee

Maybe I'm sheltered, but I just saw a thing about trial biking, I had no idea. It is very cool, and very impressive. How a guy can jump his bike off of a wall and land and then ride on a handrail blows me away.

Does anybody know, are there organized events for this kind of stuff, anything around Charlotte? I'd love to photograph it.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe I'm sheltered, but I just saw a thing about trial biking, I had no idea. It is very cool, and very impressive. How a guy can jump his bike off of a wall and land and then ride on a handrail blows me away.

Does anybody know, are there organized events for this kind of stuff, anything around Charlotte? I'd love to photograph it.

Oh my, I was definitely not reading correctly I appologize. Great video, I have seen this before in NYC, however not in Charlotte, but I've asked some of my biker friends if this goes on in Charlotte, and if I can find a place I'll let you know.

oh i always called that freeride, but that might not be accurate. i'm trying to get into some of the most basic aspects of this, but at the moment i mostly just jump random ledges where i can and work on my stalls on flat ground. rails freak me out.

there is a pretty decent freestyle bmx scene around here though if you look (thats the 20" wheels) doing some REALLY creative tricks.

oh i always called that freeride, but that might not be accurate. i'm trying to get into some of the most basic aspects of this, but at the moment i mostly just jump random ledges where i can and work on my stalls on flat ground. rails freak me out.

there is a pretty decent freestyle bmx scene around here though if you look (thats the 20" wheels) doing some REALLY creative tricks.

I'd love to be this good, but I go out with some friends for basic urban assault type stuff - stairsets, ledges, etc. I rode the escalator at epicentre at one point. The ledges at Imaginon are real interesting because they curve and drop at the same time, and the fountain at The Square. We notice other groups of riders out on the weekends though - I think there is interest in this around - all be it moderate. FWIW, if you try this, you will always get kicked out of Wachovia Plaza (although I love those stairsets), Gateway Plaza and the Doubletree. Bobcats Plaza is usually pretty good though and we've never gotten kicked out of there before.

I'd love to be this good, but I go out with some friends for basic urban assault type stuff - stairsets, ledges, etc. I rode the escalator at epicentre at one point. The ledges at Imaginon are real interesting because they curve and drop at the same time, and the fountain at The Square. We notice other groups of riders out on the weekends though - I think there is interest in this around - all be it moderate. FWIW, if you try this, you will always get kicked out of Wachovia Plaza (although I love those stairsets), Gateway Plaza and the Doubletree. Bobcats Plaza is usually pretty good though and we've never gotten kicked out of there before.

I guess I can understand why they'd kick people out. There's always that thought that if somebody gets hurt on their property, some smart-ass lawyer can turn it around and somehow prove negligence and the property owner will end up paying. It's a shame, because this is the kind of stuff that makes a city a real city.

Archived