Questions and ideas about what will happen to the bowling alley and other buildings in phenix city that were destroyed by the tornado

kendal 8

Questions and ideas about the bowling alley and other buildings in phenix city that were destroyed by the recent tornado that ripped threw phenix city what will happen to the bowling alley and what will happen to the other buildings in phenix city that were damaged badly to where they can not be fixed or repaired.Well starting off with the bowling alley it was hit the hardest and worst by the recent tornado that ripped threw phenix city so in my opinion the bowling alley is not fixable the damage is to bad for it to be repaired so its all up to the owner of the bowling alley want will happen to the bowling alley and the land it sits on.So here is my opinions about the bowling alley on what I think should be done with the building and the land its on starting off with the bowling alley well if the owner had insurance on the building and it depends on what type of insurance coverage the owner had and what type of damage the insurance company fixies and repaires on the building then most likely the building will be torn down and a brand new building will be built.But if the owner did not have any type of insurance coverage on the building at all then if I was the owner of the building I would just sell the building and sell the land its on to.And hopefully or maybe one day your get lucky and a developer will ride by one day and see the building and land for sale and the developer decides that he wants to buy the building and land from you because the developer has better plans and ideas for the land and the site that the building is on and the developer decides that he just wants to tair down the building and just use the land to build something else on like a nice hotel like one similiar to holiday inn express thats right across the 280 bypass on the other side of the 280 bypass. In my opionion the land that the bowling alley sits on would make a great piece of land for another nice hotel on that site and land .

If the owner does sell the building and land that the building is on then I think a developer should buy the building and land and the developer should just tair down the building and just use the land to build a nice hotel on like the example picture of a nice hotel below in the picture called microtel inn and suites. The hotel below called microtel inn and suites would look great on the land that the bowling alley sits on. And it would make 280 bypass look great and nice with a nice hotel in that area and on that land.

microtel-inn-suites-rock.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only noticed 2 real buildings in Phenix City damaged beyond repair with the exception of some homes in rte Poppa Springs area. The bowling alley ofcourse. I think the bowling alley should be rebuilt. That is the only bowling alley in Phenix City and it is needed for the community. Also I have noticed that the Fred D. Peak building on Broad Street was completely ripped out on one side therefore I know demolition is in its near future. The location of that building is prime for an upscale development such as a midrise or high rise hotel or condominums with it's riverfront location and proximity to Dilingham Street it can only complement the other structures of downtown Columbus. I think it would be better used as a hotel with the Rivercenter, and Convention center only a few blocks away as well as The Phenix City Ampitheather in it's backyard. There is ample land avaliable at that site to construction a 10+ story structure as well as multi level parking garage.

I've only noticed 2 real buildings in Phenix City damaged beyond repair with the exception of some homes in rte Poppa Springs area. The bowling alley ofcourse. I think the bowling alley should be rebuilt. That is the only bowling alley in Phenix City and it is needed for the community. Also I have noticed that the Fred D. Peak building on Broad Street was completely ripped out on one side therefore I know demolition is in its near future. The location of that building is prime for an upscale development such as a midrise or high rise hotel or condominums with it's riverfront location and proximity to Dilingham Street it can only complement the other structures of downtown Columbus. I think it would be better used as a hotel with the Rivercenter, and Convention center only a few blocks away as well as The Phenix City Ampitheather in it's backyard. There is ample land avaliable at that site to construction a 10+ story structure as well as multi level parking garage.

Yeah I hope the bowling alley in phenix city will be rebuilt and maybe this time when they rebuild it they will use some different stronger material and stronger structures to build the building with so it wont be so easy for highwinds or for a tornado to rip apart or down because the outside of the bowling alley in phenix city is mostly made of ten fule panel material and thats some of the cheapest and weakest material you could ever build a building with and it does not take long for a tornado to rip apart a building made out of that kind of cheap material.Ok next speaking of the fred d.peak building if im not misteaking I think thats the green looking building in phenix city near downtown that has the green looking shutters on the windows of the building if this is the building your taking about I think that would be a great idea for them to just go ahead and tair the fred d. peak building down and use that land for a highrise hotel or a highrise condimuium.Also if you dont mind me asking where did you here the information about them using the land that the fred d. peak building is on for a highrise hotel or highrise condomium or are these just ideas that you have for the site and land that the fred d. peak building is on.

They are just personal ideas I had. I do remember a few years back when PC 1st started talking about riverfront redevelopment there was talk of bringing a 6-8 story hotel to that area but they quickly abondended those plans as talks about whitewater developed a little further north

• 2 months later...

The building in downtown phenix city that has the green shutters on the windows and sits on the corner of the road I think the building is called fred d. peak and associates Im not sure what its called but I was riding around town today and I rode by the site and the building has been demolished and knocked down.I wonder if the fred d.peak and associates is going to build a new building on the site or will they just build a new building in a diffrent location.If the fred d. peaks and associates decide to build a new building in a diffrent location then I think this current land that the fred d. peak building was on should be a great piece of land and a great spot for a 10 story hotel or a 10 story condo I think a 10 story hotel or a 10 story condo would look great in this location.

• 1 year later...

The phenix city bowling alley is torn down its been torn down for quite some time.I think the land that it once sat on would be a great place for a new hotel or something maybe something similiar to the new holiday express they just recently opened on the 280 bypass but maybe a different hotel company like a hilton garden or maybe a wingate by wyndham hotel.I think the new bowling alley if it ever gets built should be relocated and rebuilt in north phenix city maybe near walmart or homedepot up somewhere in that area if there's any land avaiable.

The phenix city bowling alley is torn down its been torn down for quite some time.I think the land that it once sat on would be a great place for a new hotel or something maybe something similiar to the new holiday express they just recently opened on the 280 bypass but maybe a different hotel company like a hilton garden or maybe a wingate by wyndham hotel.I think the new bowling alley if it ever gets built should be relocated and rebuilt in north phenix city maybe near walmart or homedepot up somewhere in that area if there's any land avaiable.

Phenix City market in that area is already heavily saturated with hotels. Don't think this would work here.

LoL I think it would be a great spot for a hotel developement.This area isn't really that heavily saturated with that many hotels and plus a new hotel here would be great competition for the other hotels.And plus we need another hotel on this side of the 280 bypass because theres only one hotel on this side and thats the colonial inn motel if your counting the hampton inn and suites but I consider that to be located off of 431 more that it is on the 280 bypass.

Archived