New Marriott Hotel in MidTown

MidTenn1

They snuck one by us. :wacko:

Marriott is apparently clearing the land on the north side of West End just east of the new Hutton Hotel to build a 10 story hotel. It's going to look good and be some great infill in MidTown.

Marriott2.jpg

The lot has a lot of demolition equipment and the existing buildings are being emptied.

Marriott1.jpg

The location is shown on this photo (thanks to Lexy)

MidTown.jpg

New development in spite of the economic downturn. The West End/MidTown area is hot, hot, hot. :shades:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the pics. I kept meaning to stop and snap photos of that banner, but never had the chance yet.

Looks like it will be both Spring Hill Suites and Residence Inn.

Here's one of the original threads.. just for reference:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/CONFIRME...est-t27773.html

Somehow I remember reading about it being two hotels.. apparently in a different unrelated thread... couldnt find that one.

Thanks for the pics. I kept meaning to stop and snap photos of that banner, but never had the chance yet.

Looks like it will be both Spring Hill Suites and Residence Inn.

Here's one of the original threads.. just for reference:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/CONFIRME...est-t27773.html

Somehow I remember reading about it being two hotels.. apparently in a different unrelated thread... couldnt find that one.

This thing is huge... looks like it will be 400 rooms at minimum. My big worry is with this block becoming THE place for hotels on West End - what does that do to 1600 block (WES), and does this detract from the amount of surrounding hotels that would otherwise have gone around the convention center, like the Aloft that is supposed to be built?

It took 3 years for this one to break ground. I think the economy is slowly coming back, but no where near where it needs to be.

It is encouraging to see smaller projects start. I have also seen a number of housing starts in higher end gated communities in Franklin and Brentwood.

This may be signs of good things to come in the next few months and for next year.

• 2 months later...

Archived