Its Voting Day Today

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it would be so shocking if the millage did not go through - given everything that is going on with the economy and the use of people's tax money. If they don't see how it benefits them, they are going to vote no.

I'm still hoping that it will pass though. Good luck ITP!

The 2007 Rapid millage passed with 58%, so there is some hope left for a slim passage. I was dismayed by the Kentwood results because they voted 55% in favor in 2007. However, I also read that turnout in Kentwood might have been low, so there's hope if GR turnout is high.

I dont think we will see a reduction in services. If anything you will see the ITP come back for just a renewel. It fails the ITP may be able to get an extension but I doubt the feds will do so considering how badly it has failed in every city except for EGR.

So it's down by about 2400 votes and none of the GR precincts have been posted.

I remember watching the live results for the presidential election last November. It looked like McCain was going to dominate Kent County, until the City of GR posted its results and Obama ended up winning.

I think we have a good chance right now.

So it's down by about 2400 votes and none of the GR precincts have been posted.

I remember watching the live results for the presidential election last November. It looked like McCain was going to dominate Kent County, until the City of GR posted its results and Obama ended up winning.

I think we have a good chance right now.

Archived