CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Custom House

gman430

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like this will be on the same side of the street as Rio Grille (Brazilian steakhouse), but South of it toward the ballpark. The design looks great, and will really make that stretch of Main feel a lot more urban (especially since it fills in a vacant lot). I really like it! :thumbsup:

I do not think they will have a problem getting this approved by the DPC, especially since the Field House at West End just down the street is taller than four stories.

Great job by these developers to put retail on the ground floor. I wonder what the price point will be for residential units on floors two, three, and four? I know it's unlikely given the location, but I would love for them to be affordable enough for young professionals.

That's the perfect spot for some new life. It's going to be a good gap filler for sure. I'm glad we might be seeing some additional progress on bridging the River Street intersection with the Fieldhouse, and the four stories will be very effective in creating a more urban vibe...

Great news! :shades:

I would think so seeing how the FieldHouse building is four stories tall and is located on Main Street in the West End.

In reponse to a different project (the Green monster), someone said that the Fieldhouse was just outside of the 35' height limit boundary. Since the green monster is inside that boundary, I would expect this site would be too.

In reponse to a different project (the Green monster), someone said that the Fieldhouse was just outside of the 35' height limit boundary. Since the green monster is inside that boundary, I would expect this site would be too.

If the DPC denies this project, a four story building, because it exceeds the "height limit" I will be really ticked. I could understand if it were supposed to be 20 stories, but four is not going to hurt anyone.

• 4 months later...

Really glad to see this one moving closer to reality. Pre-selling 6 units is pretty impressive in this economy. I love that this is 4 stories, is mixed use and is taking up a vacant lot. Just about the ideal urban project. I also like the large number of balconies, porches, bay windows, railings, etc.

With the Next building finished up and the Main & Broad project heading for the final stretch, we needed some more construction projects to monitor. Hopefully this one will proceed to start quickly.

Also, the Brownstones project put another unit (it's 6th) under contract, so that is good too.

I like the name. I'm excited to see how this visually begins to alter the West End. Hopefully by year's end we'll see some dirt being moved for this project? I wonder how the retail leases are going? :dontknow:

The dirt is already moving. They have been clearing the site for the last 2 days and setting up silt fences.. :yahoo:

The dirt is already moving. They have been clearing the site for the last 2 days and setting up silt fences.. :yahoo:

I saw the site prep on Sunday but didn't realize it was this project. Excellent. :thumbsup:

So I assume this will butt up against the twin buildings with West End Spirits / Mojito's?

I really like that this is deep in the heart of West End away from Falls Park and the river. I also love the fact they are building on what was a vacant lot. One less vacant lot!! :yahoo:

...I really like that this is deep in the heart of West End away from Falls Park and the river. I also love the fact they are building on what was a vacant lot. One less vacant lot!! :yahoo:
Not to mention the fact that it includes both street-level retail and tranditional urban residential units on South Main Street! :shades:

Archived