CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Custom House

gman430

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The City's DPC agenda has a modification to a project under construction at 820 South Main Street.

The proposed alteration is by Brad Sanders to "modify a previously approved building at 820 S. Main St. by removing the penthouse on the roof and installing two sets of open stairs on the rear of the building."

Does anyone know if that is this development? I'm assuming we'll have a three story structure now, which seems fine with me. I also like the idea of the exposed open stairs. I like the feel they tend to give off...

It is this project. The building originally has a rooftop patio with trellis thing(a la Brick Street Lofts). I think that is gone, not the 4th floor.

Ah Ha. Thank you.

I'm still really excited about this project. Has anybody taken photos of the site with the greater context for the purpose of before and after comparisons?

Ah Ha. Thank you.

I'm still really excited about this project. Has anybody taken photos of the site with the greater context for the purpose of before and after comparisons?

I have taken a few, but probaly should take a few more. I am VERY excited about this one too. I think it will look great, and will fill the 'tooth gap' very nicely.

I have taken a few, but probaly should take a few more. I am VERY excited about this one too. I think it will look great, and will fill the 'tooth gap' very nicely.

www.greenvilledailyphoto.com has a picture up today of the Custom House's site and sign. Hopefully that red clay will be covered soon my structure! :thumbsup:

Driving down Rhett Street the other day, the sign with the rendering for this project caught my eye. This is one of the better designs I have seen lately. I really like the proprotions of the two wings with their loggias at the top. And that deep earthy, but soft red color of the brick makes me like bricks again. Using a matching red mortar (nominal expense) seems to me integral to this design. Hope the developer follows through on this one. Great addition to the West End.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived