Any new Boro/Smyrna news?

Rocky@theTop

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still no word on new tenants for the Avenues Phase II. The Westlawn development has confirmed a YMCA and an unknown book store, that still leaves the 300,000 square feet + more of space yet to be confirmed. Will be interesting to see the four story condo mixed use Swanson development rise and the new MTMC as its backdrop. MTSU has begun to turn dirt for the new Student Union as well as posted signs for the new Education building and Science Building. The Science Building is the number one project in TN for higher learning but has been pushed back due to the economic downturn. No word on 315 Main, the 6 story condominums proposed for downtown. It looks like this project that was announced two years ago is dead. Other development on East Main street include a retail strip center at the corner of Main and Middle Tennessee Boulevard. This development will give this urban corridor some much needed infill and activity close to campus. Other than a few retail developments, proposals, and road projects, apartments nothing else "really urban" is going on. I am still waiting for the Marymont Springs development to take shape as this will be a first for Murfreesboro. This exclusively high end development will include a town center, offices, and too expensive- for- me homes.

Strip mall at Main and Middle Tennessee? I can't really imagine where. The 4 corners contain The Presidents house(MTSU property), some row townhomes(fairly new), A private home(nice house), and Davis Market(very small lot). I really cant imagine where they could put a strip mall. Any more info?

Strip mall at Main and Middle Tennessee? I can't really imagine where. The 4 corners contain The Presidents house(MTSU property), some row townhomes(fairly new), A private home(nice house), and Davis Market(very small lot). I really cant imagine where they could put a strip mall. Any more info?

Archived