Nashville West

Macushla

Cracker Barrel, are you serious?

Per the tennessean.com

http://www.tennessea...le+West+resumes

If you only had this article to go on you would be left with the false impression that the park at Nashville West is imminent. On the contrary. At the last HNA meeting, when asked by several present about the plans for and status of the park, Mark McDonald reiterated all the wonderful plans - playground, amphitheatre for performances and plays etc. etc. When pressed about the timeline for completion of the park he was less forthcoming. The only hard fact I could elicit was that their only legal obligation to Metro, because of the exchange of land with metro for the park, was that the park would be developed at the same time as a row of restaurants/retail on the north side. On further questioning he conceded that this would probably be the last parcel to be developed. So, contrary to this article, Mr. McDonald said the park could still be several years away. Don't hold your breath.

<br style="line-height: 1.22em; ">

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cracker Barrel, are you serious?

Per the tennessean.com

http://www.tennessea...le+West+resumes

huh.gif

There's already a Cracker Barrel not even a mile down the road on Charlotte off I-40.

I assume that one would close, if this were to happen. It would essentially be moving (just assuming... surely they wouldn't keep both open, being so close together).

They said last night on channel 4, that they both would remain open due the one already is overly busy all the time, still doesn't make since. I rather see an IHOP if we have to go with something like that. Has anyone heard anything about the olive garden at the Hill Center Nashville West? Is that still happening?

I think what you're talking about is on the actual Nashville West development. The Hill Center portion will not have restaurants, IIRC.

huh.gif

There's already a Cracker Barrel not even a mile down the road on Charlotte off I-40.

I assume that one would close, if this were to happen. It would essentially be moving (just assuming... surely they wouldn't keep both open, being so close together).

I asked a clerck at the Barrel when they were moving and she said they'd start the new store by next summer if not actually finishing up by then. I got the impression it was a move aimed at getting better traffic situation. Currently, there's no middle lane on Charlotte so left turns block traffic.

I wonder what else could go at the soon-to-be abandoned CB? A car lot?

If you only had this article to go on you would be left with the false impression that the park at Nashville West is imminent.

I wondered about that. An article I read earlier about work commencing didn't even mention the park. What do you think about the police precinct station moving out of the park/Nashville West vicinity? Better or worse for the area?

What do you think about the police precinct station moving out of the park/Nashville West vicinity? Better or worse for the area?

Not good for Nashville West. Currently, it's one of the safest places to shop. The original plan was for the Precinct to move into the Horizon Building next to Nashville West. After a year of planning and other expenditures by the city on the Horizon Building, the Frensley location suddenly arose. I wonder why the city is offering 4 million for a property that was on the tax rolls valued at 2.9 and that's when it was a working dealership, now it sits empty. The Frensley location is over 2 miles further away, towards downtown. The neighbourhoods around West End and Sylvan park are thrilled. Bellevue would be impacted the most. Here' s information about a meeting coming up on Thursday night.

Please join us for a Public Meeting

Date: Thursday, November 5th 2009

Time: 6:00pm

Topic: The future move of the Metro Police Department’s West Precinct and the DNA LAB

This meeting is an open forum to address any issues or concerns that you may have regarding the future move of the West Precinct/Metro Police DNA Lab.

Chief Serpas, Metro Finance Director Richard Riebeling, along with other Metro Entities, who are currently involved in the planning of this project, will be represented to address your questions.

We encourage and look forward to your participation.

Sincerely,

Commander Michelle Richter

West Precinct

I asked a clerck at the Barrel when they were moving and she said they'd start the new store by next summer if not actually finishing up by then. I got the impression it was a move aimed at getting better traffic situation. Currently, there's no middle lane on Charlotte so left turns block traffic.

I wonder what else could go at the soon-to-be abandoned CB? A car lot?

Hard to say. That portion of Charlotte Pike coming west from I-40 is poorly configured, and this would be a nice change of scenery for Cracker Barrel compared to where they are now, which is literally a road planner's worst nightmare, IMO.

Couple of things,

1. Hill Center is coming along nicely, the office building is almost closed in, and ready to finish out. The Publix is finally taking shape, and the BOA slab is poured for that new facility.

2. The empty lot beside Books A Million, looks like they are filling in what they dug out before for the underground parking. Today they was taking the dirt that was by the Belle Valley entrance, and taking it over and dumping it in the big hole? Kinda weird, Anyone know?

3. Buffalo Wild Wings is finally almost done and the Madison location said they will be opening the 1st of December. Sportclips should be done and ready to open in March 2010. Gamestop will be opening in February.

4. Nashvillewest.com, has been saying coming soon forever, anyone know when this site will be up and running, and what it will include.

• 2 weeks later...

Well they have released the new tenant for the spot between staples and petsmart, now once again very strang, but it's a 11,000 square foot Dollar Tree. WOW. Can we please get something we dont already have?

Odd thing about the Dollar Tree - I've shopped there a few times, and each time I wonder why I don't go more often. When I get a gift for my 6-year-old to take to a classmate's b-day party, that's a good place to go but I just don't think about it. So i suppose it would benefit from better visibility by moving.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A little off topic, but was wondering the other day when they finish the new police station at the car lot, what will be done with the older one by nashville west?

also, has anyone heard what restuarant will be below the office building @ the hill center?

No, I haven't heard anything regarding either of the two, although people around that area still want some kind of police presence there.

Nashville West was a much needed addition to the community. The only thing bad about it is the parking for the retail that sits along Charlotte Pike. If you eat at Buffalo Wild Wings you have to park in the parking lot across the street that people think is a drag strip. When the rest of the retail there is leased it will be an even bigger problem.

Well found this online, and it tells a little bit of everything.

http://www.westviewo...December_16.pdf

Thanks. Well, it's good to see progress being made over there.

Kinda sucks that there won't be an Olive Garden. Maybe the developers can try to lure a Romano's Macaroni Grill to Nashville West.

Good to see that we're finally getting an IHOP in this area. Can't wait for it.

• 5 months later...

Well found out today that Nashville West will be the new location for the Theater that was flooded in Bellevue pretty cool they dont know ifit will be 8 or 12 yet but either way it will be good for the area!!!! Of course IHOP is in the process of finishing out their space,and also Mattress Firm will be going in by the Value Vision. The park is finally coming along, will a play area for kids.

• 4 weeks later...

Well found out today that Nashville West will be the new location for the Theater that was flooded in Bellevue pretty cool they dont know ifit will be 8 or 12 yet but either way it will be good for the area!!!! Of course IHOP is in the process of finishing out their space,and also Mattress Firm will be going in by the Value Vision. The park is finally coming along, will a play area for kids.

Regal recently purchased their Bellevue property that was flooded out.. so.. now im confused? :)

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2010/9/2/maddox_foundation_unloads_bellevue_tract

• 2 weeks later...

They took out a permit to finish out space for a New York Pie Pizza Restuarant. No idea what this is and if its any good. Any one have any insight????

Do you have a link for this permit? Which particular parcel is it for?

Also, it appears that the park is nearing completion, the IHOP is hiring, and the building next to Books-a-Million is close as well. Anyone have any info on what new restaurants/stores are next?

http://www.nashville.gov/codes/docs/permits/2010/08/kd100831.pdf

See page 2, and its going to be located the spot beside BCB.

I called IHOP today and they are planning on opening Oct 12 2010

They also took a permit out today to put a restroom building at the Nashville West Park.

Also good to see the red light they installed on annex.

Archived