Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

Romence Gardens

13 posts in this topic

Has anyone been to Romence Gardens recently? That place is the hanging basket capital of the world, and they are all huge and gorgeous. I'm guessing they have 15,000 of them. :P Anyone know for sure?

We buy 90% of our flowers/dirt/bushes/etc at Romence. I think Countryside in Allendale is MUCH bigger than Romence in nearly every department, but we're loyal to the convenience of Romence (even if they're pricey).

We buy 90% of our flowers/dirt/bushes/etc at Romence. I think Countryside in Allendale is MUCH bigger than Romence in nearly every department, but we're loyal to the convenience of Romence (even if they're pricey).

Countryside is bigger? That's insane.

Being in the business I could shop anywhere. We buy all of our annuals from Romence, only a few growers have the quality left. I recommend Romence and Ludema's to our customers. They still grow good quality products that will look great come August!

WAAAAYYY bigger.

It's worth the drive just to check it out.

Like I said, we still shop primarily at Romence, but Countryside has to be seen to behold.

Went to Ludema's last week, bought empty baskets (the ones I had been using were showing their age) and a couple of geraniums, and put them together at home. I reuse the baskets as long as I can.

WAAAAYYY bigger.

It's worth the drive just to check it out.

Like I said, we still shop primarily at Romence, but Countryside has to be seen to behold.

Countryside only had one corner of one area set aside for hanging baskets (maybe 100' x 50') and they were a joke (small and junky).

You're about three weeks late. Get there earlier in the year and the entire ceiling is filled with hanging baskets. I'll bet there are close to 10,000 baskets there the beginning of the season.

You're about three weeks late. Get there earlier in the year and the entire ceiling is filled with hanging baskets. I'll bet there are close to 10,000 baskets there the beginning of the season.