Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

Charlotte Roller Derby

11 posts in this topic

Charlotte has a roller derby team now. The Charlotte Roller Girls are skating for the Queen City. Roller Derby events can be seen on seen on MAVTV in high definition no less, if your television provider, well... provides it. Events are transmitted from the arena in Raleigh. It would seem from watching this channel the team to beat is the Carolina Roller Girls

top.jpg

Charlotte has been hosting girls roller derby for a little while now, at least for maybe 1 or 2 years and Bojangles Colosseum.

Charlotte has been hosting girls roller derby for a little while now, at least for maybe 1 or 2 years and Bojangles Colosseum.

I think it was $10 or $15. They are a small club and depend on sponsors, donations, and ticket sales. The ladies who are on the team aren't paid anything. I can't emphasize enough how much fun it is.

Now if they would just bring back car racing on a figure 8 track.

Are there still any active dirt tracks nearby? Did the one at Metrolina Expo close?

Charlotte Roller Girls don't play at Cricket/Bojangles anymore--moved to Grady Cole Center at the beginning of this year. Because it is a smaller venue, some of the bouts have sold out and it just feels more exciting.

The first of four intra-league games begins on July 19. You can find the whole schedule on charlotterollergirls.com. Tickets are usually $10 in advance and $14 at the door, with kids 1/2 price.

Yes, Carolina Rollergirls All-Stars are really good. If you have the chance to see them play against currently #1 ranked NYC Gotham Girls on June 6, you should definitely go!

^Sweet! Is it still a flat track? Can you stand on the floor? I'd bet Grady Cole, with the second tier seats, is a much better venue.

Are there still any active dirt tracks nearby? Did the one at Metrolina Expo close?

^Sweet! Is it still a flat track? Can you stand on the floor? I'd bet Grady Cole, with the second tier seats, is a much better venue.