The Palm Jumeirah!!!

darkknight

PROJECTS ON PALM

Alantis Hotel, 2000 Rooms 2 Towers

Marina Apartments, 858 apartments, 12 penthouses and 30 townhouses totalling 900 homes. The complex is housed in one of the most prestigious developments on The Palm - located on the uppermost part of the palm trunk, at the top of 'The Golden Mile'.

Palm Terrace Res Apartments. 8/12 Floor Tower. ocated at the centre of the shoreline apartment complex. Inspired by the history and indigenous styles of the Arab world, this twelve storey building reflects an evolved architecture style aptly described as Arab Eclectic.

SUPER TOWER 120F ?

palm_jumeirah.jpg

f7fd5612.jpg

3820PalmJumeirahSkyScraper.JPG

3820PalmJumeirahSkyScraper-night.JPG

3820PalmJumeirahSkyScraper1.JPG

Thanx to Alt-Tab and trances again over at SSC for the pics!!

Cheers

:P

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know what its called exactly!!

But what i do know is that it will be 120 floors high!!!! Dubai's second tower topping a 100 floors!!

It will have an observation deck as well i think!!

I heard its like 3 towers stacked up against each other!!

Cheers

:D

I dont know the height exactly!! They havent released it!!

U could guess it to be close to 500 meters or 600 meters!!

The mall that Emaar is constructing near burj dubai will be the largest mall in the world when completed!!! Its will exceed the retail area and the total area of the Edmonton mall in Canada!!! But in about 2 years time the Mall of America will be undergoing an expansion after which it will slightly exceed the area of Dubai mall!! But thats still a speculation!!

The Mall of Arabia is huge, gigantic, gargantuan , i have no words!!!! It will be waaaaaaaaaay larger than all these malls and when its built will retain the title back easily incase the Mall of America does undergo an expansion!!! If it doesnt, Dubai will have the Largest and the second largest malls in the world!!! Crazy if u ask me!! But very very interesting!!!

Cheers

:P

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I saw a National Geographic special on this project. It would seem there are several significant problems with the project which may or may not have been solved.

First there is not good water circulation within the circle. As a result it is suffering from stagnation of water, algae growth, and other issues that arise when there is not good circulation. They have attempted to correct the problem by cutting the barrier circle in two places, but its unknown if this will correct the issues in the long run.

Second, the building of such a large structure in the ocean is causing erosion problems on the coast itself as the normal ocean currents have been altered. Some of the coast is eroding away at the rate of 15 ft/year. In addition the Palm Jumerah itself is eroding since it was built out of sand. It has become a constant maintenance problem that may not be sustainable in the long run.

The entire project is subject to failure due to rising seas and it has also affected the local ecology. Completion has been delayed to 2008.

I saw a National Geographic special on this project. It would seem there are several significant problems with the project which may or may not have been solved.

First there is not good water circulation within the circle. As a result it is suffering from stagnation of water, algae growth, and other issues that arise when there is not good circulation. They have attempted to correct the problem by cutting the barrier circle in two places, but its unknown if this will correct the issues in the long run.

Second, the building of such a large structure in the ocean is causing erosion problems on the coast itself as the normal ocean currents have been altered. Some of the coast is eroding away at the rate of 15 ft/year. In addition the Palm Jumerah itself is eroding since it was built out of sand. It has become a constant maintenance problem that may not be sustainable in the long run.

The entire project is subject to failure due to rising seas and it has also affected the local ecology. Completion has been delayed to 2008.

I saw that special too. It seems that there were indeed some problems that developers encountered, primarily because they were being rushed to start work on the islands and meet their respective deadlines set by the Sheikh Mohammed. However, most of the problems have been solved. The stagnant water has been corrected by inserting the two "canals" around the edge of the island crests, and this is very much a permanent solution. These canals are wide enough for ample currents to traverse through the interiors of the complex and constantly flush the waters out, yet they do not compromise the crest's ability to protect the main island from the waves. As far as the ecology goes, National Geographic reckons the building of the islands has surprisingly enlarged the ecological repertoire of the region. New species of marine organisms have started to appear around the embankments and foundations of the islands. This ecological shift has been large enough that there are now reports that Sheikh Mohammed is planning on capitalizing on this and builiding an artifical coral reef rivalling Australia's great barrier reef! The issue with rising seas because of global warming and melting ice caps was also alluded to in the special. It turns out that the persian gulf is probably the only place where manmade projects of this magnitude can be successfully carried out. The lack of high speed currents, relative stability of the weather and shallow waters make that region a haven for these kinds of enterpreneurial (spelling?) projects.

Well there are a number of projects on Palm Jumeirah not listed here, so lets begin.

The first, which has been major headlines in the last week or so, is Nakheel teaming up with the Trump Organization, and their first joint project will be The Palm Trump International Hotel and Tower.

The second would be the Golden Miles, which will be 10 waterfront aparment buildings with a total of 780 apartments along the trunk of the Palm Jumeirah.

The third is the Lighthouse Hotel and Residence, which has two buildings. One for the hotel and one for the 99-year leasehold apartments. I like their idea of flashing the light at night into the sky like a lighthouse.

Found this stuff at this link about the Palm Jumeirah. Just wish they had included some pictures of the developments. :)

Well, some more developments are the Fairmont Palm Residence and the Palm Residence. Both located on the trunk of palm jumeirah but on completely opposites sides and both being developed by IFA Hotels & Resorts.

The guys at TEN Real Estate just added a page for the Palm Trump International Hotel and Tower and here's there pic of it.

palm_trump_international_hotel_and_tower.jpg

The palm trump international hotel and tower is replacing a bamboo shaped tower which was initially going to be built. You can see it in the old version of the palm islands pic below.

Palm-Jumeirah-630.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've got an update on the Palm Jumeriah.

On November 1st, a 'topping out' ceremony was held on the Shoreline Apartments. The ceremony marked the completion of the concrete structure of the first of the 22 buildings housing the 2700 luxury apartments that flank the east side of the island.

The Shoreline Apartments provide luxury living on the east side of the trunk of The Palm, Jumeirah. Each apartment contains spacious balconies with breathtaking views of the Jumeirah coastline and Burj Al Arab. A 400 slip marina provides berthing space.

Here's a photo of the topping out.

PalmJumeriah.jpg

Archived