INDOCHINE Restaurant in Epicenter Is Nasty

monsoon

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might be a while before Thai house opens (if ever). I have walked by there once a week for the past few months and nothing inside has changed at all. I haven't heard anything about it being canned officially but it sure looks that way.

There's also the Basil place at the Avenue. Haven't been there but it might be worth checking out.

It might be a while before Thai house opens (if ever). I have walked by there once a week for the past few months and nothing inside has changed at all. I haven't heard anything about it being canned officially but it sure looks that way.

There's also the Basil place at the Avenue. Haven't been there but it might be worth checking out.

I had an awesome pork and rice dish there a few weeks ago for lunch for less than $10. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will go back. I don't really get squeamish about these types of violations. Of course I also loved the Press Box, and eat at a bunch of other places that would appear to be more risky (read Moosehead, Penguin, etc)

I visited the Middle Eastern Restaurant on Independence near Sharon Amity Rd. and the place had a similar rating. It was very nasty with unwiped tables, greasy walls, and a cook that looked like he needed his monthly bath. I walked out and questioned the fact that this place was allowed to ramain open.

This is scary stuff. But I saw it with my own eyes in the 1980s when I worked at a Florida Sheraton Hotel......dirty plates and glasses used to serve customers, employees constantly sitting on food preparation tables, ice machines less than hygienic, I could go on and on.

Our hotel always managed an A, and I was frankly surprised when we received the rating every year. Many hotel employees suspected a bribe was in place.

It's a cliche but I'm wondering if it might have a ring of truth--maybe the best restaurants are the dirtiest ones (?) It's a cliche I don't buy. A score of B for that Epicentre restaurant is terrible.

We actually almost went to indochine when I was in town luckily I didn't. However, 84 is not too bad considering the restaurant 15 blocks from me in sunset park, BK was awarded a -3 after getting 103 points worth of violations.

This is as bad as it can get. At least there weren't people living in IndoChine's prep area.

http://167.153.150.32/RI/web/detail.do?met...onDate=20090108

Every state is different in how it regulates its restaurants. A nasty restaurant in NY isn't really an excuse for the Indochine in Charlotte serving food that could have parasites, plates that were not properly washed, and using nasty equipment to prepare food.

Archived