Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zenstyle

Condo Envy

2 posts in this topic

I just caught up with the Renatus on the Hill thread (late to the party, as usual.) I watched Andy Dragt's video of the model...

* sigh *

The same pathetic woe washed over me as when I toured the Hillmont, the Fitzgerald, and the condos over Urban House (way back when.) I come home and what was once perfectly functional and suited to our needs I now view as makeshift and inadequate.

I need to stop being such a weenie about other people's digs.

Since this town is so big on "Tour of [fill in the blank] Homes" I propose an additional sort of tour:

Grand Rapids Tour of Early 20th Century Out-of-Square Foursquares Featuring Creaking Staircases, Wee Closets, and Slightly Scary Basements."

The line for tickets would stretch for miles, I'm sure. Take that, you new-appliances whippersnappers!

I comfort myself with our push-button light switches, which still delight me.

post-5766-1243092773_thumb.jpg

post-5766-1243092773_thumb.jpg

I need to stop being such a weenie about other people's digs.

Since this town is so big on "Tour of [fill in the blank] Homes" I propose an additional sort of tour:

Grand Rapids Tour of Early 20th Century Out-of-Square Foursquares Featuring Creaking Staircases, Wee Closets, and Slightly Scary Basements."

The line for tickets would stretch for miles, I'm sure. Take that, you new-appliances whippersnappers!

I comfort myself with our push-button light switches, which still delight me.